The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

46 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

UK govt has said it could seek to prevent it becoming law by blocking Royal Assent.

Boom!

boom indeed!!

it would be interesting to see how that goes down up here!!

Just now, Neil said:

LJS wants to suggest that there is no snp position to the bill, but nine snp msps voted against it 

The SNP supported the bill. I have never suggested otherwise. it was a Scottish Government bill and the Scottish Government is made up of the SNP & the Greens.

Whilst it may be relatively unusual in the SNP, MPs and MSPs rebelling against their party is hardly unknown, particularly when it comes to matters like this.

11 minutes ago, LJS said:

The SNP supported the bill. I have never suggested otherwise. it was a Scottish Government bill and the Scottish Government is made up of the SNP & the Greens.

Whilst it may be relatively unusual in the SNP, MPs and MSPs rebelling against their party is hardly unknown, particularly when it comes to matters like this.

yeah, I expect a similar vote in westminster would be the same...splits within parties...

Left wing parties are the traditional place for feminists and this issue seems to split them between 3rd wave and 4th wave feminists. The other issue that appears to split them is sex work being real work vs exploitation by men. Strange that the SNP appear to side with the 3rd wave feminists on that by backing the Nordic model.

35 minutes ago, LJS said:

its very unusual snp mps disagreeing with the party, the party is perfect and beyond criticism.

36 minutes ago, lost said:

Left wing parties are the traditional place for feminists and this issue seems to split them between 3rd wave and 4th wave feminists. The other issue that appears to split them is sex work being real work vs exploitation by men. Strange that the SNP appear to side with the 3rd wave feminists on that by backing the Nordic model.

I wonder what the 5th wave will think?

• 2 weeks later...

now that Croatia has joined the euro, snippers will have to campaign saying Scotland will adopt the euro within a decade of joining the eu., instead of going with the big lie that they can avoid it. also that joining the  eu is likely to bring about a hard border with rUK within a decade  as Scotland will also join  the  Schengen zone.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

now that Croatia has joined the euro, snippers will have to campaign saying Scotland will adopt the euro within a decade of joining the eu., instead of going with the big lie that they can avoid it. also that joining the  eu is likely to bring about a hard border with rUK within a decade  as Scotland will also join  the  Schengen zone.

So we can join the EU, I take it Neil?

Happy new year.

4 hours ago, LJS said:

So we can join the EU, I take it Neil?

Happy new year.

you can join if the EU accepts you as a new member, it will have conditions, such as "you have to join the euro" (and everything else that involves such as a balanced budget ~~[spending cuts], and schengen).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Neil said:

just listening to salmond laying into sturgeon - its all going tits* up at the moment.
(*are they natural tits or tits from an op?)

Pretty sure Alec's tits are natural.