2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NME reporting that the Stone Roses will go into hiding for a bit after this summer's touring ends (22nd of this month), begin recording a new album 'in time for slots at Coachella and Glastonbury 2013'. If this is true about the new album I can't see them not headlining Glastonbury with a new album to plug, BBC exposure etc.

If the new album is good then why not? Haven't seen them since the reunion, so might pop along to the Pyramid if they were announced!

they are fucking huge amongst the 12-18 age bracket. Who happen to be complete c**ts at their gigs.

I went to see them at the local venue on their last tour and it was mainly kids from the local private schools who thought it is cool to mosh to every fucking song.

one of he worst gigs i have ever been too, not the band's fault but entirely down to the audience.

I'm 99% sure they'll do it next year. They're taking a break after this month to record a new album, and I don't think they'd get better exposure than to play Glastonbury. Also, reported in the NME that after the break they'll play slots at Coachella and Glastonbury.

I think the Roses are nailed on, but the other two might be more surprising!

On a side note, I agree with the other posters above that Of Monsters & Men sound pretty good! Seeing as the album only came out a few months ago they'll probably still be touring when 2013 comes around.

It's obviously too soon since last time, but none the less, I'd take Blur back again in a heartbeat.

They were absolutley magnificent last night in Plymouth. All the classics obviously, but the new songs sounded brilliant live as well, and they played a few rare ones... notably Bugman which I don't believe they had played live in 13 years prior to this tour!

I think it will be Stone Roses, Radiohead and Lady Gaga though.

Is there any reason so many people keep putting Gaga up there? Surely she is horse-shit? And not in the same way as some people will say "U2 are horse-shit" or "Coldplay are horse-shit". I mean she is real horse-shit. You're basically taking one of the headline slots off the market for no particular reason....

Is there any reason so many people keep putting Gaga up there? Surely she is horse-shit? And not in the same way as some people will say "U2 are horse-shit" or "Coldplay are horse-shit". I mean she is real horse-shit. You're basically taking one of the headline slots off the market for no particular reason....

I'd be willing to bet at the moment that The Stone Roses and Lady GaGa are two f them. Your 3rd between Radiohead and The Rolling Stones.

And honestly, I think with Radiohead, Eavis might have a situation where if he doesn't get The Stones, Thom and Co, had for eg, they been being lined up for the following year which you'd think would be nailed if not next year, calling it in a year early I doubt will be too hard.

Either way, I think if come Glasto headliner announcement date, we have no Radiohead, I'm 99% sure, not based on any info i have just logics that Radiohead will appear quick on the R page, probably even as a SR as it'll be probably signed early.