2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I'm a bit slow off the ball, but did anyone see the Stevie Nicks interview in America the other day saying Fleetwood Mac are pretty much getting together again next year for a tour? Could be promising...

Edited by Leggins

Possibly, but they're definitely not in Prodigy or QotSA league. They have 3 albums, the last of which was released 8 years ago.

Tool are bigger and more likely, but still *very* unlikely. Fuck, just checked, 10000 days was released 6 years ago! New album now please, Tool!

After seeing The Prodigy headline Download, I loved it but disagree with you and QOTSA no mate, they are not a R&L headline band, most on hear wether they'd like it will confirm if honest that this is right.

Panic at the Disco, Groove Armada, Pet Shop Boys, The Chem Bro's, Primal Scream, I won't go on but none of them are Reading subs or small headliners.

I think you have the headers right. I think 1 of your Other will be right and so could the others, but I'd like to think it'll be a year off for Dizzee. I'd like to see:

Plan B

The Black Keys

Bloc Party (This combo would be cool but on Radiohead day instead, although I know slim to none)

Daft Punk

a year off from the festival, perhaps. but he is, i believe, releasing a new album later this year or early next. in terms of his career, he's just had his year off.

and as much as i'd love it to happen, i just cannot see Daft Punk playing Glastonbury. even if they eventually do release some new stuff, there's no reason to suspect they wouldn't repeat what they did in 2007 - ie play for the biggest pay cheque.

if they don't release any new material, then what would be the point for them or for us really?

I think the prodigy could return (alot of people slated their 2009 performance and state that blur on the pyramid was amazing, but I hold almost exactly the opposite opinion) and would be pleased if they did (please play spitfire this time though).

Underworld must be a good shout for that slot, with their profile being raised again with their work on the olympic opening ceremony (not to mention it would be amazing to hear those songs played live at glastonbury). It would take a hell of a band on the pyramid to keep me away from underworld.

Stone roses are basically a shoe in, right?

I think the prodigy could return (alot of people slated their 2009 performance and state that blur on the pyramid was amazing, but I hold almost exactly the opposite opinion) and would be pleased if they did (please play spitfire this time though).

Underworld must be a good shout for that slot, with their profile being raised again with their work on the olympic opening ceremony (not to mention it would be amazing to hear those songs played live at glastonbury). It would take a hell of a band on the pyramid to keep me away from underworld.

Stone roses are basically a shoe in, right?

Edited by fatyeti24

True enough. It was just that the tracks from the latest album happened to be the best on the night (and this still holds true playing the gig back now, I have the BBC footage and it has had many an airing since at my house) and that justified the setlist for me. The only gripe I had was "all my *insert venue* warriors" repeated ad nauseum (a message really rammed home when I watched the coverage of reading later that summer).

Underworld's '99 set was immense. I had seen TV coverage of them at V in 98 and it led me to pay for a ticket for the first time in my life for '99 (well, that and REM) and by god am I glad I did.

I think that underworld HAVE to be there. I can't really see how they could not be.