2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

a year off from the festival, perhaps. but he is, i believe, releasing a new album later this year or early next. in terms of his career, he's just had his year off.

and as much as i'd love it to happen, i just cannot see Daft Punk playing Glastonbury. even if they eventually do release some new stuff, there's no reason to suspect they wouldn't repeat what they did in 2007 - ie play for the biggest pay cheque.

if they don't release any new material, then what would be the point for them or for us really?

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Bruce? I think if it means that Glastonbury can get a legend status artist that they otherwise couldn't afford to book to come over just for the festival, so be it. What makes a gig is the crowd, the people watching, as much as the performance. An artist can play the same songs in the same order with the same energy at G and HRC and they be 2 very different gigs (I imagine).

Like Bruce? I think if it means that Glastonbury can get a legend status artist that they otherwise couldn't afford to book to come over just for the festival, so be it. What makes a gig is the crowd, the people watching, as much as the performance. An artist can play the same songs in the same order with the same energy at G and HRC and they be 2 very different gigs (I imagine).

Going to have a alternate guess.

The Stone Roses

FATM

The Vaccines

Plan B

Arcade Fire/Lady GaGa (my opinion is after her uk dates, a fest run then end of year uk arena tour)

Noel Gallagher

Mumford & Sons

The Black Keys

The Rolling Stones

Jack White

Tinie Tempah

Suede

Edited by gazza_20