2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because they apparantly went for and failed to get Prince for sunday night and Beyonce was going to sub Coldplay but was moved to sunday headliner while everyone was bymped up one sat pyramid, I think anyway.

A lot had U2 and Coldplay as two of them to be fair and Prince was flying around with /the Stones naturally.

But I think for me to say The Roses and GaGa even now, I have a good chance at getting them right. But cant choose from The Stones n Radiohead

I'd be willing to bet at the moment that The Stone Roses and Lady GaGa are two f them. Your 3rd between Radiohead and The Rolling Stones.

And honestly, I think with Radiohead, Eavis might have a situation where if he doesn't get The Stones, Thom and Co, had for eg, they been being lined up for the following year which you'd think would be nailed if not next year, calling it in a year early I doubt will be too hard.

Either way, I think if come Glasto headliner announcement date, we have no Radiohead, I'm 99% sure, not based on any info i have just logics that Radiohead will appear quick on the R page, probably even as a SR as it'll be probably signed early.

Just out of curiosity, how often have you guys guessed right headliners aprox a year ahead the actual event? I recall reading from GF 11' thread and then most were wrong, and none at all had Beyonce headlining.

Firstly, eFestivals doesn't do guesses. All the rumours we list are based on information we've had of one form or another, tho sometimes that info is quite tenuous. It sometimes takes quite a while to pin down as accurate the info we receive, because it can come to us from anywhere (and if it's from someone we don't already know as getting good info, then we have to treat it with care. We also get sent lots of info which turns out to be wrong).

It's pretty rare for us to get any info as early as a year before for any festival - tho we did have info that Foo Fighters would be playing Reading/Leeds this year more than a year ago (that's the only one I can think of as being over a year where we've had solid info).

eFests got 2 of the Glasto headliners last year. I'm not sure where you got the idea most were wrong. We also always knew [from Sept 2010] that Radiohead were playing (tho you'll probably find posts of mine saying or suggesting that they weren't, for good reasons).

Beyonce we didn't, but then again she wasn't booked as a headliner. She was moved into that spot from playing under Coldplay, after the act Eavis thought he had turned out to be an act he didn't (that was Prince, btw).

It's normally the case that we nail down one or more of the Glasto headliners somewhere between in the months of November and February before the festival. Most years we get them all solidly pinned down before they're announced; history shows that eFests is more successful in finding out who they are than any other place.

Regarding next year, we do have some good info that Glasto have been talking with The Stone Roses, tho the info we've had (a month or more old now) didn't have things having progressed as far as a solid booking. It might be a solid booking by now (I don't know).

Also, everything suggests to use that Glasto has been talking with the Rolling Stones too. Our info on this is a bit tenuous - but Stones info always is anyway, it's notoriously difficult to get solid stuff on them (tho we've managed on occasions), far harder than just about any other act. However, with The Stones being The Stones, the fact that Glasto and the The Stones have been talking doesn't mean it'll go anywhere. But if it ever will do then I reckon 2013 will be the year it does.

Is there any reason so many people keep putting Gaga up there? Surely she is horse-shit? And not in the same way as some people will say "U2 are horse-shit" or "Coldplay are horse-shit". I mean she is real horse-shit. You're basically taking one of the headline slots off the market for no particular reason....

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

I personally hope Gaga headlines; Not because I would want to see her, because I'd want to see something different. I've been awful with Pyramid headliners, 2010 I wanted to see Muse, Stevie and Gorillaz and I did (though I only partly saw Gorillaz). Last year I wanted to see U2 & Coldplay and the people I went with wanted to see Beyonce, I went along with it being the last night n'all.

So next year in my mind I definitely wasn't going to see all three headliners. DEFINITELY. Then the Stone Roses reformed, and I'll probably see them assuming they headline. If The Rolling Stones headline, it totally depends on how their touring goes; if they're given bad reviews, I'll probably avoid. If Radiohead headline, that's a difficult decision for me, I do like them. But if Gaga headlines, that's somebody I will definitely miss for a venture round the site.

That's why I'm hoping Gaga gets a headline slot.

Maybe I missed this because I'm 30 now. But I think Gaga has been around 3-4 years and made about 2 tunes I know. It's not quite the same as Beyonce who has had a career spanning 10-15 years, whose songs are fairly well hammered into popular consciousness, and who has a great voice on her.

Maybe I'll back off a little - can anybody here who likes, or even listens to a lot of 'pop' music, tell me whether she is actually good at it? Not concentrating on the media stuff or stage shows...

i know he was as he originally had recommended the fest to people. But the shocked if not was more the point haha. If the vaccines play 3rd, its just who'll sub? I thought plan b but the more i think, he has supported them which was a crowd way not for him so I'll go Noel, it'd not be fresh from v and t subs but would be from Heaton shows and at iow vaccines were below Noel.

The Roses

Noel

The Vaccines

Plan B

I reckon Tinie Tempah could play on a GaGa with FATM supporting.

The Black Keys to headline other that day too.

Chase and Status or The Prodigy to headline other Sunday against Radiohead or The Stones too. This said, tinie could play Sunday if chase head other but he'd need the 3rd spot below Jack

i know he was as he originally had recommended the fest to people. But the shocked if not was more the point haha. If the vaccines play 3rd, its just who'll sub? I thought plan b but the more i think, he has supported them which was a crowd way not for him so I'll go Noel, it'd not be fresh from v and t subs but would be from Heaton shows and at iow vaccines were below Noel.

The Roses

Noel

The Vaccines