2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

The Who announced a new US tour today. Massive tour. November to February.

Just saying.

Although having just watched it, Pete says festivals would be "difficult" but they'd love to do it.

He takes the right piss out of Madonna too at 36 mins 30ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-2IyrVCjIc&feature=youtu.be

Edited by The Nal

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only good thing about 'The Dross' is that Steven Van Zandt (Silvio from the Sopranos) is in The E Street Band - Badass!

Fair play to the Dross though, people love him, he's a popular fella...but then again so is Justin Beiber-and he's a c@@t!! So what does popularity show us!!

(i have no reason to call Justin Beiber that by the way - i know nought about him, i just envisage him as one!!)

The only good thing about 'The Dross' is that Steven Van Zandt (Silvio from the Sopranos) is in The E Street Band - Badass!

Fair play to the Dross though, people love him, he's a popular fella...but then again so is Justin Beiber-and he's a c@@t!! So what does popularity show us!!

(i have no reason to call Justin Beiber that by the way - i know nought about him, i just envisage him as one!!)

It seems that highlighting the fact that Neil's opinion is no more than his opinion, some how confirms that you can't accept his opinion...

don't ask....

anyone who needs a stated opinion to have "this is my opinion" next to it isn't of sound enough mind to know either way about Bruce, or about anything at all. :lol:

At any rate, The Employer seems to be bolted on for some more European shows next spring or summer, so even if he doesn't pitch up at Glasto there'll still hopefully be an opportunity to see him.

And I'll happily admit I'm a fanboy. I'd always liked his early stuff and wasn't really fussed about anything from Nebraska onwards, but seeing him live a few years back turned me into an unquestioning disciple. He's probably my favourite live act, and these days I feel like I've seen them all and most of them twice.

I hope to fuck "The Boss" doesn't play. I doubt I could take months of this tedious arguement about wether he's dull or not. i assume the same discussion went on in 09 when he headlined?

similar. I said I thought him dull and I'd met lots of others who had the same opinion, and then got told he couldn't possibly be dull as he was 100% fantastic, that it was impossible to meet other people who'd found him dull, so I must be making it all up. Etc, etc, etc.

At least this time round there's plenty of others wading in with dull, and even the fan-boys are able to criticise it - which has made it slightly easier going. :lol:

At any rate, The Employer seems to be bolted on for some more European shows next spring or summer, so even if he doesn't pitch up at Glasto there'll still hopefully be an opportunity to see him.

And I'll happily admit I'm a fanboy. I'd always liked his early stuff and wasn't really fussed about anything from Nebraska onwards, but seeing him live a few years back turned me into an unquestioning disciple. He's probably my favourite live act, and these days I feel like I've seen them all and most of them twice.

"Stunning"? Hmmm...

OK, bit of an overstatement (and to cover my arse, I'm going back a few years too. They might be shite now).

The point I was making is that they are (or at least, were) one of the better live acts around - and that's in the direction of being objective opinion rather than subjective one, precisely because they won me over by being so good. Just turning up and playing (which is what most acts do) wouldn't have me saying that.

OK, bit of an overstatement (and to cover my arse, I'm going back a few years too. They might be shite now).

The point I was making is that they are (or at least, were) one of the better live acts around - and that's in the direction of being objective opinion rather than subjective one, precisely because they won me over by being so good. Just turning up and playing (which is what most acts do) wouldn't have me saying that.

I think you're idea that a fan can't be objective is odd.

I think the way that Bruce fans have shifted their view on how good Bruce's Glastonbury show was (or wasn't :P) gets to show the standard sort of lack of objectivity that fans have. If they were objective they'd have been saying from the start that it wasn't great (when very very few were prepared to admit it was less than great at the time).

That's just one example., It's nothing specific to just Bruce fans.

that's only because you're choosing to ignore the opinions of at least some fans who admitted it wasn't one of his great shows

the numbers of those were exceedingly small!!! I'm far from sure you were saying anything other than great either.

If you care to remember, when I said I'd found him dull and that loads of people I'd met had done too, I got accused of making it all up, and that it was impossible for me to have met lots of people who'd found him dull, so I must be a liar!! And that was massively the response I got.

so, you're being just as un-objective as the fans you're saying can't be (objective)

Nope, in referencing the fact of the overwhelming response I got from Bruce fans, I'm being entirely objective.

the numbers of those were exceedingly small!!! I'm far from sure you were saying anything other than great either.

If you care to remember, when I said I'd found him dull and that loads of people I'd met had done too, I got accused of making it all up, and that it was impossible for me to have met lots of people who'd found him dull, so I must be a liar!! And that was massively the response I got.

I wasn't at the fest in 2009, but on TV it came across very well.

I'd need to watch it back to judge it objectively, cos I was pretty drunk when I saw it.

At any rate, whilst a line-up of The Stone Roses, The Employer and The Rolling Stones (feat. Bill Wyman & Mick Taylor) would be pretty close to my dream bill, it would probably be fair to regard it as a bit a little small c conservative and rock classicist for a fest line up in 2013.

I wasn't at the fest in 2009, but on TV it came across very well.

I'd need to watch it back to judge it objectively, cos I was pretty drunk when I saw it.

At any rate, whilst a line-up of The Stone Roses, The Employer and The Rolling Stones (feat. Bill Wyman & Mick Taylor) would be pretty close to my dream bill, it would probably be fair to regard it as a bit a little small c conservative and rock classicist for a fest line up in 2013.

Edited by The Nal