2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

Maybe not but Glastonbury's big enough to find crowds for everyone*. If you had say, Plan B below the Roses (he was one of their supports at Heaton Park) and Bon Iver second on the Pyramid below Example, say, that would give the crowd the churn that the organisers like (using Saturday in 2010 as an example)

* Last year there was a point where Elbow, Friendly Fires, Pulp, Janelle Monae, and Noah and the Whale all overlapped and there was enough crowd to go around

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is though I would only put out of them Joanelle Monae is the same boat as Elbow. NOTW in the same boat as Friendly Fires and Pulp completely on their own.

Myself for eg, I like one, maybe two songs from NOTW, but also like nothing really from Friendly Fires, I don't really like Janelle or Elbow (one song maybe), but I like Pulp. Whereas a few m8s of mine are the opposite in these bands. So from that, I can see why there would be enough crowd.

I think.

The Stone Roses

Plan B

Tinie Tempah

Daft Punk/The Prodigy

Lady GaGa/Radiohead

FATM

The Black Keys

The Rolling Stones

?

Bon Iver

Edited by gazza_20

Thing is though I would only put out of them Joanelle Monae is the same boat as Elbow. NOTW in the same boat as Friendly Fires and Pulp completely on their own.

Myself for eg, I like one, maybe two songs from NOTW, but also like nothing really from Friendly Fires, I don't really like Janelle or Elbow (one song maybe), but I like Pulp. Whereas a few m8s of mine are the opposite in these bands. So from that, I can see why there would be enough crowd.

I'm only pointing out the size of the acts there and that I don't think performers at Glastonbury need to worry too much about who they clash with given the number of people in the vicinity. Also, while you personally don't find much cross over between them, among people I know/was there with that was clash city!