Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

That ain't no chapati tho.

Quite. Technically it was a Chicken Saag, in a naan bread? Either way it was very nice. Had a chat with the bloke and he said they've been there 11 years in a row and last year was definitely the worst, I said I'd put a vote in the battle of the bogs on his behalf.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:18 PM, LSF said:

All week last year I kept saying I'd get one on the Sunday evening. Could not wait for it. But when the time finally came round my appetite was gone! 

Looks like it'll have to be Wednesday breakfast just to avoid another disappointment. 

Do it, you won't be disappointed...Well I hope not anyway! See you in the queue :-p

39 minutes ago, loveansley said:

Do it, you won't be disappointed...Well I hope not anyway! See you in the queue :-p

Hands down the best food at the festival. I had 2 within the week last year and that wasn't enough. Didn't need anything else to eat all day after that. Fantastic! 

On 3/3/2017 at 0:55 PM, loveansley said:

I’m not sure if it has been mentioned but by the Pyramid stage (don’t be put off!) they do the roast in a Yorkshire pudding – with decent crackling, mash, sausages, pork, stuffing etc. It’s seriously good, but like everything they keep putting the price up. That and a fresh smoothie from somewhere in Silver Hayes (if it’s still there) helps get over a heavy night!

993604_128225770721741_79301841_n.jpg

Defo - kept meaning to have one of these last year. Finally did early sunday evening - bleddy ansum as we say down here.

Bonus also  was my mate couldn't finish hers so i polished hers off :)

PS - you were brave sitting down!

PPS - nice leg art.

2 hours ago, loveansley said:

I'm so glad you agree, I tried recreating it at home...massive fail!

I had all the intentions of recreating it but didn't want to spoil it! 

I have managed to find a photo that I quickly took when walking by a stall last year when I was quite drunk and promising myself I'd get one later that day...of course i didn't. 

Cant wait for another this year! 

IMG_0759.PNG

14 hours ago, Doug85 said:

I had all the intentions of recreating it but didn't want to spoil it! 

I have managed to find a photo that I quickly took when walking by a stall last year when I was quite drunk and promising myself I'd get one later that day...of course i didn't. 

Cant wait for another this year! 

IMG_0759.PNG

Haha that's brilliant! You'll have to make it this year :-) I got everything right just failed massively at the Yorkshire, which is of course a large part of it. I'll keep practising and maybe have my own stall one day - ha!

16 hours ago, cornish hick said:

Defo - kept meaning to have one of these last year. Finally did early sunday evening - bleddy ansum as we say down here.

Bonus also  was my mate couldn't finish hers so i polished hers off :)

PS - you were brave sitting down!

PPS - nice leg art.

That's a bonus! Glad you tried it. Gosh this is making me hungry :(

Thanks..it didn't last long...unlike my drunken attempt at henna - good one :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Hi guys,

For health reasons, my girlfriend is on a low-fat diet and probably will be over Glastonbury. Any recommendations for stalls which have fat-free or very low-fat items on the menu?

Thanks!

Indian and vegan food would be a good place to start I guess, Gandhi's for example: http://www.gandhisflip-flop.co.uk/menu.htm

45 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Hi guys,

For health reasons, my girlfriend is on a low-fat diet and probably will be over Glastonbury. Any recommendations for stalls which have fat-free or very low-fat items on the menu?

Thanks!

There's a salad place in WH that felt at the time like it was the healthiest thing I've ever eaten in my life - but that might be because it wasn't warm cider in a can or chips.

Anyone know the name? I feel like it's a bit of a stalwart of the WH area, but I can never remember what it's called.

Edited by FrancisH

51 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Hi guys,

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

There's a salad place in WH that felt at the time like it was the healthiest thing I've ever eaten in my life - but that might be because it wasn't warm cider in a can or chips.

Anyone know the name? I feel like it's a bit of a stalwart of the WH area, but I can never remember what it's called.

unit_front_small.png.c0a44690fc7a280b7e4161b9ad124f55.png

These are the chaps you want.  Absolutely banging falafel with a 12-ingredient salad; get them to do it without hummus and you're in tasty low-fat heaven.

My go to every year, at least 3 of those bad boys over the week.

EDIT: with hummus.  Lots of hummus.

Edited by Quark

I can second that fallafel place - it's the absolute business. Last time I went they were right next to the Pyramid Stage south entrance way. There's plenty of places for veggie/vegan stuff though - it's pretty much everywhere.

On another note, wasn't Glasto going to try and become meat free or had I just imagined that? Thought I saw an article about it somewhere

1 minute ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

On another note, wasn't Glasto going to try and become meat free or had I just imagined that? Thought I saw an article about it somewhere

Nope. That was Shambala last year.

here it is -

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2015/jun/29/glastonbury-organisers-spirit-festival-make-vegetarian

Could be an interesting idea, what do you guys think? Would mean a lot less water being used to feed and keep the animals etc - something close to the festival ethos

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms