Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:18 AM, Chipbarm said:

They were selling Oggies at £2 a pop on the Sunday in 2015. I couldn't believe my luck so bought 3.

I'd had a particularly heavy night of whisky in the queue last year and by the time I'd erected my tent and wandered down I got a lamb oggie that was literally just out of the oven. One of my happiest festival moments I've had. and that's in a year where I managed to spend the entire weekend avoiding the 1975.

16 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

I'd had a particularly heavy night of whisky in the queue last year and by the time I'd erected my tent and wandered down I got a lamb oggie that was literally just out of the oven. One of my happiest festival moments I've had. and that's in a year where I managed to spend the entire weekend avoiding the 1975.

Skills on avoiding The 1975 that's almost as good as getting an oven fresh oggie. I was Watching Lonelady at Williams Green in 2015 at the end I had to push my way out as Bastille were on next. I got so many funny looks as to say "why are you leaving?" I thought to myself I'm off for some more lovely onion bhajis from Dosa while you idiots watch Bastille.

17 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

Top work swerving The 1975, I ended up walking all the way up to Arcadia to avoid them having realised they had just started. The Welsh Oggy place is an absolute lifesaver in a severe hangover situation. I also rate the burrito place which has been in the run of shops across the way from the Meal Machine at the corner of the Other Stage for the last couple of years.    

20 hours ago, Over40_MidLifeCrisis said:

Nom nom, where abouts was the van parked? They've confirmed back again this year on their twitter and I need somewhere else other than glade cafe to get my breakfast options.

As you walk from left field towards west holts, just past kazbah on the left before then atm machines at the end of that walkway.

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 12.56.44.png

23 hours ago, Over40_MidLifeCrisis said:

Nom nom, where abouts was the van parked? They've confirmed back again this year on their twitter and I need somewhere else other than glade cafe to get my breakfast options.

I had one of these breakfasts on Friday morning before James. Past West Holts on the way to Left field, it's on the left. Bloody amazing breakfast. Sure it was a brioche bun too. 

Edited... just seen the above reply. Good map Chimpy

Edited by Curlygirl

If not the fry up guys already mentioned a few posts back, Does anyone know where you can get a decent bit of fried black pudding? I only ever seem to find the crappy breakfast vans which smash out some horrid boiled bacon and an iceland sausage in a stale burger bun. Im probably pushing it if i ask for some bubble and squeak too! ^_^

Also im looking forward to a midnight Haloumi wrap from the little tent at the entrance to the tipi fields along the top path from the Park. They taste so good and are only a couple of quid if i remember correctly.

I definitely need to get up from my computer and go to lunch.

On 3/3/2017 at 0:55 PM, loveansley said:

I’m not sure if it has been mentioned but by the Pyramid stage (don’t be put off!) they do the roast in a Yorkshire pudding – with decent crackling, mash, sausages, pork, stuffing etc. It’s seriously good, but like everything they keep putting the price up. That and a fresh smoothie from somewhere in Silver Hayes (if it’s still there) helps get over a heavy night!

993604_128225770721741_79301841_n.jpg

All week last year I kept saying I'd get one on the Sunday evening. Could not wait for it. But when the time finally came round my appetite was gone! 

Looks like it'll have to be Wednesday breakfast just to avoid another disappointment.