Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

8 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

I can second that fallafel place - it's the absolute business. Last time I went they were right next to the Pyramid Stage south entrance way. There's plenty of places for veggie/vegan stuff though - it's pretty much everywhere

There are a few of those ones dotted around the site, normally end up managing to find one :)

6 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

here it is -

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2015/jun/29/glastonbury-organisers-spirit-festival-make-vegetarian

Could be an interesting idea, what do you guys think? Would mean a lot less water being used to feed and keep the animals etc - something close to the festival ethos

Doesn't feel particularly inclusive...Glastonbury should be all about freedom of choice.

3 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Doesn't feel particularly inclusive...Glastonbury should be all about freedom of choice.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a meat eater and it would impact on my ability to eat a nice chicken and leek square pie, but from a water saving policy it's a good one as so much water goes in to feeding animals and the grain/feed they need to eat. Worth a thought, perhaps they could expand the veggie stalls first and only sanction a smaller number of meat stands and meet more of their water aid targets, but still give us meat lovers the choice

Don't think most people would be impressed with the idea of a veggie festival, meat eaters are usually very committed to their eating habits and most feel they aren't eating properly if there's no meat on the menu, would be a hard sell even for Glastonbury.
Charm x

First timer incoming - if there are any food places I should try, what would you recommend?

On the back of three years at Bestival, I'm used to a decent meal or two  at a festival so will be aiming to do the same at Glastonbury!

Edited by magliad

8 minutes ago, magliad said:

First timer incoming - if there are any food places I should try, what would you recommend?

On the back of three years at Bestival, I'm used to a decent meal or two  at a festival so will be aiming to do the same at Glastonbury!

I would definitely recommend the Tagine place near Leftfield. Its the only place I go every year!

10 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Hi guys,

For health reasons, my girlfriend is on a low-fat diet and probably will be over Glastonbury. Any recommendations for stalls which have fat-free or very low-fat items on the menu?

Thanks!

The Indian Street Food place at the back of west holts towards greenpeace which i have learned on this thread is called Zouk do great lean meat kebabs

7 hours ago, magliad said:

The Tibetan place near the Pyramid Stage

Get the one with everything with some momos.  It's fucking quality.

8 minutes ago, Jakkkkobz said:

I want good wine and antipasti, I would settle for either, anybody found these mythical things at glastonbury #makeglastonburyasmiddleclassaspossible

The only wine I've ever seen for sale is from them little wine bars with the inflatable bottle on top. They sell it in those little pop bottles and it tastes like Sarsons vinegar. I didn't go last year but I'm sure they weren't there in 2015.

On 4/3/2017 at 10:09 AM, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

here it is -

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2015/jun/29/glastonbury-organisers-spirit-festival-make-vegetarian

Could be an interesting idea, what do you guys think? Would mean a lot less water being used to feed and keep the animals etc - something close to the festival ethos

It would literally stop me going. I really cant eat fruit and veg due to bad gastritis. So without meat I'd just be living on carbs all weekend.

13 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

It would literally stop me going. I really cant eat fruit and veg due to bad gastritis. So without meat I'd just be living on carbs all weekend.

Oh really, they advised me not stop eating so much meat when I was diagonsed with it too. Thought fruits and veg were meant to be better for your stomach. Told me to stop drinking wine, coffee, chocolate, so much meat, that kind of thing

10 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Oh really, they advised me not stop eating so much meat when I was diagonsed with it too. Thought fruits and veg were meant to be better for your stomach. Told me to stop drinking wine, coffee, chocolate, so much meat, that kind of thing

Meats and carbs I am fine with. If I have any fruit, veg or anything too course (peanuts, large grains etc) then the inflammation is instant, the pain and swelling begins and soon the vomiting (from the inflammation as nothing else can get past the stomach). I stay away from caffeine based things anyways and the Lansoprazole helps keep anything else at bay. I guess it must affect people in various different ways. I've had a number of stomach issues though so I'm perhaps not the best guide to use on these things!

32 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Meats and carbs I am fine with. If I have any fruit, veg or anything too course (peanuts, large grains etc) then the inflammation is instant, the pain and swelling begins and soon the vomiting (from the inflammation as nothing else can get past the stomach). I stay away from caffeine based things anyways and the Lansoprazole helps keep anything else at bay. I guess it must affect people in various different ways. I've had a number of stomach issues though so I'm perhaps not the best guide to use on these things!

If you don't mind me asking, what do you eat? Genuinely curious. 

35 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Yeah most probably. I used to drink a lot of coffee and wine so it's been tough! I also used to take boxes of wine to the festival, but it's too acidic now and I'm gonna have to rethink my coffee and bacon sarnie option in the morning too!

4 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you eat? Genuinely curious. 

A lot of chicken and beef, with rice, pasta, breads, etc. I can eat burgers, pizzas, Chinese food etc Just as long as I don't have the veggies. I can eat quite a lot, but there's just also loads that I can't. I have a little drink I have drink I take everyday that gives me extra nutrients. It's only been since I was diagnosed that I've started putting on weight (in my 30s). I was a rake before. Still slim but just look a bit healthier now. 

4 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yeah most probably. I used to drink a lot of coffee and wine so it's been tough! I also used to take boxes of wine to the festival, but it's too acidic now and I'm gonna have to rethink my coffee and bacon sarnie option in the morning too!

Yeah wins is bad for me too. Certain things I can just feel my body rejecting straight away, wine is one of them.

13 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

A lot of chicken and beef, with rice, pasta, breads, etc. I can eat burgers, pizzas, Chinese food etc Just as long as I don't have the veggies. I can eat quite a lot, but there's just also loads that I can't. I have a little drink I have drink I take everyday that gives me extra nutrients. It's only been since I was diagnosed that I've started putting on weight (in my 30s). I was a rake before. Still slim but just look a bit healthier now. 

It must be tough not having much variety. I love my meat, but my girlfriend went full vegetarian about 6 months ago, so I cook quite a lot of veg only meals. Sometimes I struggle to come up with exiting stuff for midweek dinners, and that's with all the vegetables available. Does such a carby diet not leave you feeing bagged up all the time? Feel free to tell me to mind my own by the way...