Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Hello wise food people! I've read about this Strumpets with Crumpets establishment - where is it situated/is it here this year? I need them for breakfast so just working out where it is from where I camp! 

Secondly, Indian Street Food from the image above...is that William's Green? 

I'm more excited about food this year than I've ever been!

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Hello wise food people! I've read about this Strumpets with Crumpets establishment - where is it situated/is it here this year? I need them for breakfast so just working out where it is from where I camp! 

Secondly, Indian Street Food from the image above...is that William's Green? 

I'm more excited about food this year than I've ever been!

Strumpet is halfway up Pennards hill.   Zouk street food is just at the entrance to west holts, at the RHS as you come down from the railway line.

On 25/04/2017 at 0:57 PM, The Nal said:

Just found this blog here from 2015. She took a few nice photos.

http://www.sophiesscran.com/2015/07/food-at-glasto15/

*sound of screeching brakes* The Caribbean place featured is very possibly The One that I've been trying to find a name for.  In my head their typeface was just blue but it definitely said 'outside catering' or similar more obviously than the company name which can't be too common.  However, my stall definitely was creating smoke and delicious smells and cooking stuff 'live' so maybe not?  I will definitely take pics this year.

15 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

*sound of screeching brakes* The Caribbean place featured is very possibly The One that I've been trying to find a name for.  In my head their typeface was just blue but it definitely said 'outside catering' or similar more obviously than the company name which can't be too common.  However, my stall definitely was creating smoke and delicious smells and cooking stuff 'live' so maybe not?  I will definitely take pics this year.

Pretty sure thats the one I've eaten from a few times in Williams Green, beside (ish) the Sushi place.

They defo do smoke, the cook has to wear a mask! Maybe the blogger just caught them at the wrong time of the day. 

56 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Pretty sure thats the one I've eaten from a few times in Williams Green, beside (ish) the Sushi place.

They defo do smoke, the cook has to wear a mask! Maybe the blogger just caught them at the wrong time of the day. 

Oh my god there's a sushi place? What the hell have I been doing? Getting far too twatted to notice. I'm having two seriously dedicated days to sampling Glasto culinary delights. 

10 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

That actually looks like someone's trodden on it. Fucking vile.

In fairness thats not from the sushi place but it is mock duck or whatever its called.

Had a sushi roll last year. Was nice and light, well made, fresh. Avocado ripe etc but give me some fucking fish!

Edited by The Nal

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Likearollingstone said:

Not sure how much I trust NME's 'journalists' theses days but there are quotes etc. No 'growler's' this year ...

Yeah and they are 2 weeks late on that nugget of info...

Hope you don't like growlers as not there again

On 5/2/2017 at 3:49 PM, The Nal said:

In fairness thats not from the sushi place but it is mock duck or whatever its called.

Had a sushi roll last year. Was nice and light, well made, fresh. Avocado ripe etc but give me some fucking fish!

Ye you better had knock that talking shit about Happy Maki on the head, otherwise I knock you on the head. Be it known that Happy Maki is not only uncommonly delicious, but also fills a real niche of Glastonbury food stalls, which puts it into the upper echelons. It's one of the site's 4 must visits. In the company of No Bones Jones, Ghandi's Flip Flop, and Manic Organic. Breakfast in the Greenpeace cafe is nearly there.

I love sushi but I'm not sure of the storage logistics for raw fish at a festival. can sashimi be made with fish formerly frozen? I'd eat a bit of smoked salmon and mackerel but it's not the same for sushi.

Speaking of which, I had a smoked salmon wrap from the Dorset Smokery in 2015 which was my finest meal of the year. Lovely stuff.

17 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I love sushi but I'm not sure of the storage logistics for raw fish at a festival. can sashimi be made with fish formerly frozen? I'd eat a bit of smoked salmon and mackerel but it's not the same for sushi.

Speaking of which, I had a smoked salmon wrap from the Dorset Smokery in 2015 which was my finest meal of the year. Lovely stuff.

I think you have to make sushi with fish frozen for a set amount of time otherwise it doesnt kill those worms.

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Ye you better had knock that talking shit about Happy Maki on the head, otherwise I knock you on the head. Be it known that Happy Maki is not only uncommonly delicious, but also fills a real niche of Glastonbury food stalls, which puts it into the upper echelons. It's one of the site's 4 must visits. In the company of No Bones Jones, Ghandi's Flip Flop, and Manic Organic. Breakfast in the Greenpeace cafe is nearly there.

Happy Maki is awesome, will definitely be visiting this year. They've just opened a store in brighton too, perfect pre-gig snacking for shows at the Haunt.