Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

15 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Never been to Wolverhampton though my dad went there in 1960 to see rangers beat  the wanderers in a European cup winners cup semi final.  I’m sure it’s a lovely place!
anyway, back to Glasto food so not to derail the thread,! 

646C52F2-BE66-42D7-AC04-D7EDAF4DD720.thumb.jpeg.116fd04abe948f21e701c652756a1c3a.jpeg

sadly no longer  there

The festival wasn't on in 2001!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Good spot! Probably made the pies in 2001 and froze them for 2002. 😊.  

Is that square pie stall? I'm sure I had one of those in 2017....

PieMinister (who now don't trade at the festival either) have their own shop/restaurant in the centre of Oxford where I can get my fill. 🙂 

There was a stall called 'Bagel Dude' who used to trade in what's now called the Williams Green area from about 2007ish-2011 ish.  I used to have a massive filled bagel and a coffee each morning to sort me out.

They got shunted to somewhere near the park in 2013 and were not happy about it either then they disappeared completely.  Such a shame. 😞 

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Is that square pie stall? I'm sure I had one of those in 2017....

PieMinister (who now don't trade at the festival either) have their own shop/restaurant in the centre of Oxford where I can get my fill. 🙂 

Yes it’s square pie. Think I took that photo in the muddy 2016. If I recollect they went into admin and company was taken over. New owners supplied shops but didn’t have outlets (according to google search!) .  Festival Pie connoisseurs were distraught to learn of their demise 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes it’s square pie. Think I took that photo in the muddy 2016. If I recollect they went into admin and company was taken over. New owners supplied shops but didn’t have outlets (according to google search!) .  Festival Pie connoisseurs were distraught to learn of their demise 

I didn't realise they went bust! Where can you get pie and mash on site now?

I just looked through some old pics on my phone, we deffo had one in 2017!

Best stall at Glasto is the tea tent to the left of the Park. I’m not sure what it’s called (might be Mr. Tea or something), but you walk in and they’re serving from a van on your left where they do the drinks, and if you order a toastie they bring it out from a hole in the wall at the back. Go there every morning to come back to life.

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I didn't realise they went bust! Where can you get pie and mash on site now?

I just looked through some old pics on my phone, we deffo had one in 2017!

Think there’s one called Sams Pies , Other stage field, close to the Real Sausage, Real Mash outlet which was at the worthy pastures camping last summer and will be back this year. Various flavours of sausage and mash. 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Think there’s one called Sams Pies , Other stage field, close to the Real Sausage, Real Mash outlet which was at the worthy pastures camping last summer and will be back this year. Various flavours of sausage and mash. 

I'll have to keep an eye on the traders map for 2022!

20 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Best stall at Glasto is the tea tent to the left of the Park. I’m not sure what it’s called (might be Mr. Tea or something), but you walk in and they’re serving from a van on your left where they do the drinks, and if you order a toastie they bring it out from a hole in the wall at the back. Go there every morning to come back to life.

Is that the place at the bottom of the hill that also does bloody marys? That place has sorted me out on many a morning...

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is that the place at the bottom of the hill that also does bloody marys? That place has sorted me out on many a morning...

Nah sorry I meant to the left of the gates to the Park area, not to the left of the stage.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ah I thought you meant through the entrance top left of the Park. There's a stall at the bottom of the hill there that does life saving morning drinks.

Ah fair enough. Yeah we camp at Arcadia so wake up in a morning and zombie walk over to that tea tent every time. Feel like half of my favourite Glasto moments have been sat in that tent going over what happened the night before.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...