Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

On 03/04/2017 at 10:25 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's held on a dairy farm.

Last year in the Green Fields, some woman was going ape at some poor girls at a Vegan info stand. Telling them they should not be promoting it, it isn't healthy, and it's damaging dairy farms all over. She was losing her mind over it!!!

48 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

It must be tough not having much variety. I love my meat, but my girlfriend went full vegetarian about 6 months ago, so I cook quite a lot of veg only meals. Sometimes I struggle to come up with exiting stuff for midweek dinners, and that's with all the vegetables available. Does such a carby diet not leave you feeing bagged up all the time? Feel free to tell me to mind my own by the way...

Yeah, lack of variety is a bit annoying. Feel like I have the same thing for lunch all the time. It's the nice refreshing crunch or fruit and veg that I miss. I have a fairly quick metabolism so I don't stay feeling bagged up for long haha The food is a struggle at festivals as it is. My friend I go with love all foods so want to try all the nice things and I walk about for ages trying to find something I can eat that isn't another plain burger or slice of pizza :/ 

Hey all, just a quick query from a first timer. My gf and I are pescetarian (vegetarian + fish), just wondering what sort of price range there is for food.

Sounds like there's a decent variety, so not too concerned about that, but we're going on the coach and not sure whether it's worth taking up rucksack space with a camp stove

tia x

6 minutes ago, evannn said:

Hey all, just a quick query from a first timer. My gf and I are pescetarian (vegetarian + fish), just wondering what sort of price range there is for food.

Sounds like there's a decent variety, so not too concerned about that, but we're going on the coach and not sure whether it's worth taking up rucksack space with a camp stove

tia x

food is more expensive than outside but i wouldn't say prohibitively so 

maybe bring some snacks so you're not always having to pay for everything you eat?

1 hour ago, Rubber Soldier said:

It must be tough not having much variety. I love my meat, but my girlfriend went full vegetarian about 6 months ago, so I cook quite a lot of veg only meals. Sometimes I struggle to come up with exiting stuff for midweek dinners, and that's with all the vegetables available. Does such a carby diet not leave you feeing bagged up all the time? Feel free to tell me to mind my own by the way...

I've been veggie for over 20 years, this is the kind of food we typically eat, hope it gives you some ideas. 
Charm x

Battered halloumi with homemade chips & mushy peas
Baked potatoes with avocado, tomatoes and hummus  
Homemade pizza
Grilled halloumi, mushroom and tomato sandwiches with hummus
Pasta with pesto, olives and mozzarella Puff pastry tarts with tomato and mozzarella
Asparagus and tomato quiche with new potatoes and salad
Spaghetti with quorn mince
Veggie burgers & sweet potato chips
Quorn shepherds pie
Veggie sausage and mash
Macaroni cheese
Quorn chilli and rice

17 minutes ago, evannn said:

tia x

A lot of places have signed up to the festival's food for a fiver scheme, so there will always be options that are more suited to the tighter budget.  Average food price I would say is in the region of £8 for a meal.

A lot of people will take cereal or similar in as fresh milk's easy to get hold of, so you can at least get breakfast out of the way without it costing you the proverbial.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

A lot of places have signed up to the festival's food for a fiver scheme, so there will always be options that are more suited to the tighter budget.  Average food price I would say is in the region of £8 for a meal.

A lot of people will take cereal or similar in as fresh milk's easy to get hold of, so you can at least get breakfast out of the way without it costing you the proverbial.

You can get a big yoghurt pot from Yeo Valley and a generous topping of granola for £1. 

Don't BYOF to Glasto. Such a waste. Brekkie is the new dinner etc. 

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

You can get a big yoghurt pot from Yeo Valley and a generous topping of granola for £1. 

Top tip. 

The only thing I bring that could be considered food is mint.  And that's because it goes in my rum.

25 minutes ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

food is more expensive than outside but i wouldn't say prohibitively so 

maybe bring some snacks so you're not always having to pay for everything you eat?

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Cheers guys, good to know that we won't bankrupt ourselves on day 1 if we take snacks and get the bulk of food there 

Also huge fruit portions available. Id usually have a 2-3 course brekkie every day. 

Tea and toast place is pretty cheap too. Toast and a topping for £2. 

glastonbury_festival_02.jpg

11355235_899482043458656_1947066738_n.jp

Pay no attention to sunshine in these pics. It'll be pissing rain this year again.

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, evannn said:

Cheers guys, good to know that we won't bankrupt ourselves on day 1 if we take snacks and get the bulk of food there 

It's a bit of a cliche, but you can spend as little or as much as you want within reason. Depending on how big an eater you are something like a Thali from one of the Indian places can either be a meal for one or a sharing platter for two. And in terms of filling you up, some places will give you more bang for your buck than others.

Now me, I'm a greedy bastard and I love all food, so I genuoinely spend more on food than on booze once I'm there :lol:

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Also huge fruit portions available. Id usually have a 2-3 course brekkie every day. 

Tea and toast place is pretty cheap too. Toast and a topping for £2. 

glastonbury_festival_02.jpg

11355235_899482043458656_1947066738_n.jp

Pay no attention to sunshine in these pics. It'll be pissing rain this year again.

Was going to give you an upvote until I saw the last part.  Fucking misery.

43 minutes ago, Charm said:

I've been veggie for over 20 years, this is the kind of food we typically eat, hope it gives you some ideas. 
Charm x

Homemade pizza
Pasta with pesto, olives and mozzarella Puff pastry tarts with tomato and mozzarella
Quorn shepherds pie
Veggie sausage and mash
Macaroni cheese
Quorn chilli and rice

Inspiration always welcome! We do variations of a couple those already. I made falafel and halloumi stuffed peppers last night, which, even if do say so myself, were spectacular. 

1 minute ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Inspiration always welcome! We do variations of a couple those already. I made falafel and halloumi stuffed peppers last night, which, even if do say so myself, were spectacular. 

Fritattas are a godsend for us as we eat predominantly veggie food during the week with limited cooking time! Roasted veg (peppers, aubergine, courgette & red onion) with feta, cherry tomato with spinach or kale, and surprisingly roasted beetroot with feta.

Goes well with either salad or, if you fancy something a bit chunkier and you've got time, celeriac chips.

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

Was going to give you an upvote until I saw the last part.  Fucking misery.

Same here. We can't be having that.

I do love the Tea & Toast place though. Usually opt for marmite. I have no idea why because I never have it on my toast the rest of the year. 

40 minutes ago, evannn said:

As the others have said. However, I think there have been some stalls doing a feed for a fiver. In any case, the veggie stalls tend to be cheaper and bigger portions.

The Park wasn't much kop last year for good food. Everywhere else had good places though.

44 minutes ago, Quark said:

Fritattas are a godsend for us as we eat predominantly veggie food during the week with limited cooking time! Roasted veg (peppers, aubergine, courgette & red onion) with feta, cherry tomato with spinach or kale, and surprisingly roasted beetroot with feta.

Goes well with either salad or, if you fancy something a bit chunkier and you've got time, celeriac chips.

I do a mean veg sausage and tomato frittata. Might give one a go with feta, need to sub out the beetroot though, really not keen on it. 

Can anyone remember the name of the Caribbean food stall near the Bread and Roses?  You know, the one with amazing jerk chicken and cans of pop for £1?  I remember trying to note their name at the time but it wasn't catchy and it just didn't stick.  I'm more bothered about them being there than the next poster drop.

2 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Sadly not.  This stall is very plain looking.  I had to look around to find the sign with their name, thought 'that's not exactly catchy' and promptly forgot when I walked away.  Same the next day.

I know the one you mean.  Just a white canvas / tarp front.  Bugger me they did good food.  Their brown stew chicken was damn fine too.

3 hours ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Homemade pizza
Quorn shepherds pie
Veggie sausage and mash
Macaroni cheese
Quorn chilli and rice

These all sound delicious. I am an on and off veggie, and also watch my dairy intake (avoid milk - still eat cheese!)

Some good ideas here. I love Quorn mince, I use it in loads of stuff. So healthy and tastes of whatever stuff you cook it in - which in my case is unholy amounts of garlic!

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

I know the one you mean.  Just a white canvas / tarp front.  Bugger me they did good food.  Their brown stew chicken was damn fine too.

That's them.

If the owner of this business ever reads, please give a thought to your branding cos loads of us would be talking you up all over the internets if we knew your name!

24 minutes ago, Quark said:

Do they have another stall situated in the corner as you cross the bridge from the out of the markets and onto the other stage field? That is just a white tarp with a small seating area inside. If so they are called PK spices. Can't wait to get my fix in June.