NickisGinger

BBC's The Biggest Weekend 2018

59 minutes ago, James96 said:

Remember when this was touted as a Glastonbury replacement? Jesus Christ.

The BBC only ever said it was replacing Glastonbury in their live music programming, which is the worst possible way that it could be replaced for Glasto punters. Don’t think it’s their fault that the NME and co. ran with the ‘Glastonbury replacement’ tag and people didn’t bother actually reading it. :P

Edited by dentalplan

I moved from Cardiff to Exeter in Jan 2017. So I didn't get tickets when it was in Exeter due to living in Cardiff. Now I've moved here I won't get them as I'm no longer registered in Cardiff.

Bastards :lol:

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Why couldn't Radio 3 book a classical music act I've heard of? Was Mozart not available?

Would have preferred a Bach-to-Bach set tbh. 

Edited by endswithMJ
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

Who else for Radio 2 day are we thinking? Are Snow Patrol or Billy Ocean billed as headliners?

Billy Ocean is headlining.

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I moved from Cardiff to Exeter in Jan 2017. So I didn't get tickets when it was in Exeter due to living in Cardiff. Now I've moved here I won't get them as I'm no longer registered in Cardiff.

Bastards :lol:

life's a bitch :lol:

I don't believe many of these artists have been confirmed as headliners have they?

I've heard that there about another 100 acts to be announced - across all four cities.

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

Coventry looks lame but it's strong for that target audience. Perth is easily the weakest at the moment.

I think I might be Radio 2's target audience and Coventry is absolutely appalling. Maybe I'm not though as Belfast looks excellent.

17 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think I might be Radio 2's target audience and Coventry is absolutely appalling. Maybe I'm not though as Belfast looks excellent.

Nah you're very 6 Music, Gnomey. I have the misfortune of listening to Radio 2 in the office and I can assure you you don't get much more Radio 2 than Paloma Faith and UB40.

51 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Nah you're very 6 Music, Gnomey. I have the misfortune of listening to Radio 2 in the office and I can assure you you don't get much more Radio 2 than Paloma Faith and UB40.

I feel younger already. I'm more Simon Mayo than Ken Bruce.

Anyway.... did I mention I had a Song for Guy recommendation on Guy Garvey's show the other week? I'm famous now.

I cheated a bit by picking a Manc band, he was always going to play that. 

Desperately hoping the Swansea one gets something from a heavier demographic because my girlfriend is gonna want to do both days and so far I'm gonna have a very drunk weekend at the bar :P

Edited by Jericode

So Ed definitely isn’t headlining then if he’s in Manchester that night? But I assume Taylor is?

Edited by NickisGinger

28 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

That the only addition this morning?

Yup. They seemed to suggest that was it full stop.