Football 17/18

TheGayTent

Just got back from Anfield. Best atmosphere there since 2005 (although Dortmund was lively!). Liverpool showed two different sides, attacking first and then resilience second. Couple of calls looked tight but I'd need to see them back.

It's far from over but it will be a good second leg next week. 

Edited by vintagelaureate

Klopp has Guardiolas number. 

Shoudnt be surprised about last night. City are a hollow club with no pedigree. Ground will be full for Utd at the weekend and LFC next week and then empty again for 12 months.

Theyll be back calling around local schools on match day and begging them to take free tickets. If it wasnt for some bloke from the UAE theyd still be losing 8-1 to Middlesborough. 

New money. Theyre the Kardashians of football. 

Massive clean sheet for Liverpool and tbh I didn't think they had it in them! Fair play. City need to do the same to have any chance of progression but I fancy Liverpool to nick an all important goal. Wouldn't bet against City though! 

I think City will rest plenty for their derby, I know they can win the league at the weekend but oddly there's less riding on it for them than there is for Liverpool. 

Not so sure on what Klopp will do at the weekend. City have the title in the bag, Liverpool need to maintain that gap over Chelsea. We've still got to play them before the season's over, don't want to be going into that game with them being able to catch us.

I think that's why Firmino went off last night. Probably see Ings come in for Salah too, possibly Solanke from the start. I'd expect Gini to start away next week... might see Masterson come in for Lovren as he struggles to play two games close together.

Well we got knocked back down to earth with a massive bang. From the off it was an absolute disaster. Everything that could go wrong, did. City players never showed up, the manager got it totally wrong. The officiating was piss poor. 

As for the fans. They are the vilest bunch of c**t5 you could ever meet. You would think after being involved in 2 incidents where football fans have died, the fuckers would know how to behave. The fact that the football club and police were complicit in it is absolutely astounding.

Not over yet. City's turn to go all guns blazing next week. Just hope the City fans do not sink to the Scousers levels.

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

As for the fans. They are the vilest bunch of c**t5 you could ever meet. You would think after being involved in 2 incidents where football fans have died, the fuckers would know how to behave. The fact that the football club and police were complicit in it is absolutely astounding.

Not over yet. City's turn to go all guns blazing next week. Just hope the City fans do not sink to the Scousers levels.

:D

28 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Well we got knocked back down to earth with a massive bang. From the off it was an absolute disaster. Everything that could go wrong, did. City players never showed up, the manager got it totally wrong. The officiating was piss poor. 

Invoking Hillsborough here Easty? Really?

36 minutes ago, eastynh said:

tumblr_ov7slaklxl1um6qz2o1_540.gif

12 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Invoking Hillsborough here Easty? Really?

I am not the one stood in a line throwing missiles at coaches. You do not behave like that at a football match as people can get hurt. Considering everything the Scousers have been involved in, they should know better than anyone. I was not part of a baying mob last night, behaving like a nenderthal. 

I am not invoking Hillsborough in any way. What happened there was an absolute tragedy and all blame is directly apportioned to the disgraceful behaviour of the police. Yet Liverpool fans kmow better than anyone else about how things can go wrong at a football match. Last night was disgusting. 2 police officers were left injured last night after being hit with missiles. That's not sport. That's just utter scum behaving like thugs.