Football 17/18

TheGayTent

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You need to worry about next Saturday. Could be a bad 10 days for you.

To be honest we’ve won our derby this season. 

Other than bragging rights there isn’t much riding on it, City will still win the league and Utd will still finish in the Top 4. 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

To be honest we’ve won our derby this season. 

Other than bragging rights there isn’t much riding on it, City will still win the league and Utd will still finish in the Top 4. 

You got spanked in the derby.

34 minutes ago, eastynh said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43560857

I am extremely biased and only Salah would get in for me, from Liverpool.

Would be interested to hear a neutrals take on it.

Dodgy formation but I shoehorned Firmino in (KDB should be there really), probably should put Aguero in for Jesus... Mendy I didn't see enough of to make a judgement but Robertson has had a brilliant season. I also put Stones in as an in form Kompany is too similar to Van Dijk.

Screenshot_20180402-163037~2.png

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

Dodgy formation but I shoehorned Firmino in (KDB should be there really), probably should put Aguero in for Jesus... Mendy I didn't see enough of to make a judgement but Robertson has had a brilliant season. I also put Stones in as an in form Kompany is too similar to Van Dijk.

You tossed De bruyne aside for firminho, that’s what you call impartial opinion. 

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

You tossed De bruyne aside for firminho, that’s what you call impartial opinion. 

I'm not impartial... but I do think Firmino would make a combined XI. That's why I put De Bruyne in the middle. Firmino's workrate is phenomenal. Any other formation, i.e standard 4-3-3, I'd still have De Bruyne in the middle too.

Edited by vintagelaureate

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm not impartial... but I do think Firmino would make a combined XI. That's why I put De Bruyne in the middle. Firmino's workrate is phenomenal. 

Silva where you put RDB for me, silva has been outstanding and my player of the year. He would be my first in any team of the year, RDB where you put firminho. 

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

Few? Once wasn’t it? 

ah, another football fan who only considers winning the PL a success. 

Keegan era and Robson Era both had title challenging teams.

I've been to two FA cup finals and a Uefa cup semi final. We've only missed 3 seasons of the PL and two of those have been since Mike Ashley made us into a bottom half/relegation club, the other being the inaugural season.

10 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

ah, another football fan who only considers winning the PL a success. 

Keegan era and Robson Era both had title challenging teams.

I've been to two FA cup finals and a Uefa cup semi final. We've only missed 3 seasons of the PL and two of those have been since Mike Ashley made us into a bottom half/relegation club, the other being the inaugural season.

titles no, trophies yes.

Newcastle see themselves as a big club, there fans see there club to be way bigger than is justified. 

Hey the likes of forest and villa fans who have  won European Cups  don’t seem to have the arrogance of Newcastle fans. Always found there delusion staggering to be honest, it’s always been the same just don’t understand it. 

Edited by thetime

16 minutes ago, thetime said:

titles no, trophies yes.

Newcastle see themselves as a big club, there fans see there club to be way bigger than is justified. 

Hey the likes of forest and villa fans who have  won European Cups  don’t seem to have the arrogance of Newcastle fans. Always found there delusion staggering to be honest, it’s always been the same just don’t understand it. 

:rolleyes: usual word thrown at the fan base.

The point I was making was we came close to winning the league a couple of times and some trophies were one or two wins away from us. We had some really good teams.

What do you think of the Arsenal fans at the moment then?

Edited by WS_Jack_III

2 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

:rolleyes: usual word thrown at the fan base.

What do you think of the Arsenal fans at the moment then?

Arsenal fans? 

Find City fans most strange, got a wonderful side and they still struggle to sell out tickets. Can you image Newcastle struggling to sell tickets if they had a wonderful side like City playing at your place? Don’t think so.

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Arsenal fans? 

Find City fans most strange, got a wonderful side and they still struggle to sell out tickets. Can you image Newcastle struggling to sell tickets if they had a wonderful side like City playing at your place? Don’t think so.

It is a little strange. I was more referring to the fume of Arsenal fans currently. Go on like they're subjected to awful football and a side that never wins. Won the FA cup 3 times in the last 5 years. 

2 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

It is a little strange. I was more referring to the fume of Arsenal fans currently. Go on like they're subjected to awful football and a side that never wins. Won the FA cup 3 times in the last 5 years. 

Fans always want more don’t they? :lol: All bough it’s entirely a different situation to Arsenal and Newcastle. 

look at Utd they won 2 trophies last season, this season in 2nd place and the chance of a FA Cup and fans still highly critical(me included). 

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Stones is 4th choice centre back for City. Otamendi has been the best CB for City this year and a fit Kompany gets in the 1st 11 for any team in the country.

I like Firmino,  he is a top player. Yet Silva is the best player in the country. Not a cat in hells chance he would not get into Liverpools team. I would have Firmino before Jesus and if you had put Firmino up front instead of Sergio, then although I would have disagreed, I could kind of understand as you are a Scouser. Putting Firmino in front of David Silva though is utterly ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, thetime said:

Fans always want more don’t they? :lol: All bough it’s entirely a different situation to Arsenal and Newcastle. 

look at Utd they won 2 trophies last season, this season in 2nd place and the chance of a FA Cup and fans still highly critical(me included). 

So all fans are deluded then?

13 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I'd go nuts if Newcastle won the League Cup.

That’s what I find odd about majority of clubs in the league, when there only aim is to stay in the league.

total disregard for the league and FA Cup. 

1 minute ago, WS_Jack_III said:

So all fans are deluded then?

There’s a big difference in wanting more and deluded isn’t there? You got your Arsenal’s and united’s of the world who have been there and done it and are big clubs, want them levels again. 

Newcastle fans generally think they are this massive club, nothing to back it up. I actually can’t think of any other club who has that arrogance and delusion like Newcastle. Can you think of one? 

26 minutes ago, thetime said:

3 trophies as Jose hilariously puts it