Football 17/18

TheGayTent

30 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Since Ferguson retired have United not spent more money than anyone else in world football? They have not competed for the title once.

They have clearly made mistakes, but the mistakes of 5 years ago are not hugely relevant for today. Since Fergie left Arsenal, Liverpool and spurs also haven't won trophies. If the chasing pack are stronger than Man utd I would question why they don't have more points than them.

I think Man City are the most likely to win the premiership next season. If they don't Man utd are as likely as anyone else. For all the talk about pragmatic football, plenty of titles have been won in that way.

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No that would be City. 

You maybe right now if you include Laporte and think Sanchez cost United nothing. At the start of the season Uniteds was the most expensive.

This United squad is the biggest bunch of under achievers in world football.

I went to Old Trafford for the derby in December. It was embarrassing both on and off the pitch. The ground is a decrepid and antiquated shithole, which is falling to pieces and you are herded in like sheep on the way to the slaughter house. As for what happened on the pitch, I almost felt sorry for the fans till I remembered that banner they used to have in the opposite corner.

Edited by eastynh

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You maybe right now if you include Laporte and think Sanchez cost United nothing. At the start of the season Uniteds was the most expensive.

This United squad is the biggest bunch of under achievers in world football.

I went to Old Trafford for the derby in December. It was embarrassing both on and off the pitch. The ground is a decrepid and antiquated shithole, which is falling to pieces and you are herded in like sheep on the way to the slaughter house. As for what happened on the pitch, I almost felt sorry for the fans till I remembered that banner they used to have in the opposite corner.

Your biggest game of the season tomorrow and all you want to chat about is united. You spend the amount of money United are doing and will continue to spend big they will get it right eventually. Just like Chelsea did, just like City have done. 

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

If Uniteds stratergy is throw money at it with no actual plan, then they won't be competing for anything worth while, any time soon.

United’s transfer strategy for many years has been shit, there has been a improvement during Jose reign.

if only he could play them in a system that suits them all. 

Just now, thetime said:

Your biggest game of the season tomorrow and all you want to chat about is united. You spend the amount of money United are doing and will continue to spend big they will get it right eventually. Just like Chelsea did, just like City have done. 

Mate when you have taken 30 odd years of United fans giving it out, its nice to give it them back.

For me City and United are like different sides to the same coin. It is like heaven and hell. You pick a side but one goes with the other.

Such is life in Manchester.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Mate when you have taken 30 odd years of United fans giving it out, its nice to give it them back.

For me City and United are like different sides to the same coin. It is like heaven and hell. You pick a side but one goes with the other.

Such is life in Manchester.

No problem with that. :lol:

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I have been stuck on the toilet for the last 3 months mate. Letting it all out now.

That was unreal from Ronaldo.

You poor aul sod I was unaware. Hope you’re on the mend mate. Best for tomorrow. Nice feelin’ when both sides think there’s a shout.