Favourite longdrops on site.

BlackHole2006

How do the west campervan portaloos stand up over the week? First time vanning this year and one of our group could probably do with fairly hygienic conditions. Was thinking of getting a chemical one to take but if on-site is kept clean then that should be ok....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What does SO stand for?

Senior Officer, i.e. The dominant partner in a relationship. 

Although I respectfully refer to Mrs Woffy as LHCU. Lord High Commander of the Universe. 

4 minutes ago, bunfight said:

How do the west campervan portaloos stand up over the week? First time vanning this year and one of our group could probably do with fairly hygienic conditions. Was thinking of getting a chemical one to take but if on-site is kept clean then that should be ok....

Like a shit stalagmite. 

4 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I've managed to use the long drops only once in my two years at Glastonbury. That one experience was luxurious compared to the state of the long drops at Leeds

Once?! In two years, kaytee?

Wha...? How? What?!

Timing, innit. You got to pick your moment.

in the morning, the ones in the centre are better, less people less usage. So, for example, those ones mear williams green/meeting point are great. But the ones in the camping fields on the south side, dairy, park home etc are fucking rough with queues.

evening, it's the reverse, ones in the centre are rammed, ones further out are ok.

i've never had a good shit in either the ones past avalon on the railway track or those ones behind west holts, genuinely surprised at the love they're getting. I don't like those ones in pennards (?) where you have to go upstairs. Never comfotable for me.

best ones last year were tucked away in the market, near the cheese truck. Pristine, no queues, loads of hand sanitiser.  Only found them once, maybe they only existed for 15 minutes, a myth, a dream, a fantasy. Brigadoon. Brigapoon.

9 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I shit you not (sorry). One of my friends has been the last 2 years running and hasn't been for a poo once. How he's doing this I have no idea as the amount of alcohol passing through my body all weekend means this would be nigh on impossible for me.

I've got a mate like that. The jury is still out though as to whether he is actually human. He, himself, claims to come from another planet, and that the Mother Ship will return for him one day. In the mean time he contents himself with 'controlling' people from the bay window of his house. He has been known to stand in the bay window claiming to have total control of the passers by. When they stop to talk to each other, he's the one that dictated that it be so, kind of thing. 

17 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I shit you not (sorry). One of my friends has been the last 2 years running and hasn't been for a poo once. How he's doing this I have no idea as the amount of alcohol passing through my body all weekend means this would be nigh on impossible for me.

In the 90s, when the khazis were not as pleasant as these days, i used to take a big bottle of kaolin and morphine with me to keep me bunged up. That'd do it.

I'm partial to the ones towards the top of Pennards just next to the upper entrance to the Park. For some reason they tend to be ignored a bit and I've never had a bad experience. The urinals at the bottom, just the other side of Glade are terrible, though. Dozens of people openly pissing on the ground. 

18 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

To be fair back when I used to arrive on Thursdays I could hold it in all weekend, but in 2010 I arrived on Wednesday and only lasted till Saturday. My first Glastonbury poo did feel like a bit of a rite of passage. 

The ones in the entrance to silver Hayes are always clean in the morning.

Too be honest I can't really remember the last time I went in one that was in that bad of a state. They always seem really clean to me.

i have a weird soft spot for the ones on the railway track towards Green peace I think. Always a really good atmosphere over there at night. Every milling about ready to go there different directions into the night.

worst one are at the back of west holts, always rammed.

The ones at the bottom of the acoustic field get my vote.

A few years ago 2002 maybe, I was feeling a bit the worse for wear on the Friday morning (the days of 2 litre bottles of brothers), and waded through about a foot of water to the portaloos next to John peel. They were pristine and I managed a little sleep.

1 hour ago, jackarmy said:

3 pages in, and nobody has said the new ones on the hill up by Strummerville.

I saw somebody describe them as "The Holy Grail" of Glastonbury toilets the other day, pretty accurate I thought. Clean and serene all weekend.

I went to these at about 11.30am on the Thursday and no one else was there and they were spotless. These are the ones we used for photos for my wedding. Ines that have already been mentioned before but are good are the ones behind west holts, always quiet and clean and the one at the top of the pyramid field near the BBC cherry picker, again never queued there 

The ones on the Railway track between Greenpeace and Croissant Neuf are my favourite morning haunt (!). I also spent rather a lot of time in these on the Saturday day time in 2013 due to a nasty bug. It was touch and go as to whether I'd be ok for staying the rest of the weekend but after a few hours it cleared up. Maybe that's why I have a special fondness for these particular longdrops. Strange.

The other ones are Glasto Latino. They've always been tippity top too. 

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Aside from the sheer concept of keeping that much booze and food in my system for that long, I'm fairly sure that I would absolutely destroy my bathroom when I got home and would probably be looking at a divorce.

6 hours ago, sheerin_lfc said:

Experienced the ones to the right of the John Peel last year, had a great time listening to Fatboy Slim.

9/10, would recommend.

Those were like really secret for ages because they were behind the glamping people so there was really no need to go that way.. But now that the JP stage has moved you all know about it lol.. Even when the disabled toilets got bad........ And they really do.......... You could rely on those ones.. 

On this subject do they still have cleaners go around and clean the loos. I remember they use to..