BST Hyde Park 2017

rawaudioinput

5 minutes ago, evannn said:

I'm a bit too young to know if they're on good terms or not, but with Mike Rutherford supporting Big Phil do you think they might play a few genesis numbers together?

They're on good terms, and there's rumours of another Genesis tour next year.

No idea if Mike might join Phil for a number or two, tho.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

They're on good terms, and there's rumours of another Genesis tour next year.

No idea if Mike might join Phil for a number or two, tho.

Cool, thanks. Might take the old man if he fancies it, definitely to the Genesis tour if it happens though!

47 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Rancid Gogol and The Hives are decent. Nothing about exclusives from what I can see.

They rarely claim undercard acts as exclusive. They had loads of bands that didn't play anywhere else last year but not exclusive either.

Its a cracking little line up that. Shame about the headliners.

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Surprised by that - was expecting a bigger more pop oriented main support act above Rancid but they've seemingly aimed it more at the old school fans. Not bad. 

Rancid can probably play a bit higher purely based of their rarity as a booking, I wish I'd actually gone when they last toured indoor but it was a bit too pricey I felt for not really wanting a full gig.

On 1/28/2017 at 9:59 AM, DomDom1984 said:

Obviously Wembley stadium being the step too far for them in that regard.

They sold out Wembley in 2013?

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Press/Press-Releases/2013/6/Wembley-The-Pinnacle-For-The-Killers

A sold-out 78,000 crowd will be in attendance to see Brandon Flowers’ band play their largest ever headline show on UK soil. 

Edited by AThirteen

2 hours ago, AThirteen said:

I'd watch the videos from that show. The empty seats are more than noticeable. Dunno why they'd lie about that but it certainly looks like they did.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'd watch the videos from that show. The empty seats are more than noticeable. Dunno why they'd lie about that but it certainly looks like they did.

Yeah that true, i was there and the back looked empty. The lower tier was classfied as general admission, so was a free for all and not allocated seating.

Guess limited by capacity

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

So then, System aren't on the Green Day bill; they're not at R&L, and they're not exclusive at Download.... What other UK fest will have them?

just looking at their dates, they've got just-one show in a few countries, and no significant gaps to squeeze anything in. The gaps they do have look like days off &/or travel days.

It might just be that at the time they signed for download they were still putting the tour together, and needed to keep the option open of perhaps another UK show to make the tour viable/profitable (enough), but ended up with enough other stuff elsewhere.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

just looking at their dates, they've got just-one show in a few countries, and no significant gaps to squeeze anything in. The gaps they do have look like days off &/or travel days.

It might just be that at the time they signed for download they were still putting the tour together, and needed to keep the option open of perhaps another UK show to make the tour viable/profitable (enough), but ended up with enough other stuff elsewhere.

There last few tours, they only seem to play one UK show. They may add a small london show at brixton maybe, but i find it unlikely that theyd do anything else.

11 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

8 hours ago, AThirteen said:

Yeah that true, i was there and the back looked empty. The lower tier was classfied as general admission, so was a free for all and not allocated seating.

Yes, lower tier and floor were combined GA which sold out pretty quickly. Most people just decided to be at the floor than at the lower back tier.

Can't remember how full the upper tier was, but a couple of days before the show there was still tickets available. Still, the media claimed it was a sold out show. Wierd, yes.

53 minutes ago, jacjens said:

Yes, lower tier and floor were combined GA which sold out pretty quickly. Most people just decided to be at the floor than at the lower back tier.

Can't remember how full the upper tier was, but a couple of days before the show there was still tickets available. Still, the media claimed it was a sold out show. Wierd, yes.

Killers will be a sell out guaranteed 

On 01/02/2017 at 1:58 PM, AThirteen said:

Was definitely sold out as lots of my pals couldn't go as couldn't get tickets!! Was a great gig! This Hyde Park gig has also virtually sold out already.

It's our first time at BST Hyde Park this July. We are going to see The Killers. What time does the music start (I know normal entrance is 1pm) and where is the exact entrance? Just wondered also how many more support acts we can expect, and lastly how many people will be there? Is it on the scale of V Festival?

13 hours ago, Cjm said:

It's our first time at BST Hyde Park this July. We are going to see The Killers. What time does the music start (I know normal entrance is 1pm) and where is the exact entrance? Just wondered also how many more support acts we can expect, and lastly how many people will be there? Is it on the scale of V Festival?

Here's a map, though it varies slightly between events, the exact one for The Killers will be available nearer the time. The main entrance is the North Entrace, a brisk walk from Marble Arch tube, although depending on the event you can also often use the West and/or South entrances, which are a short walk from Hyde Park Corner tube. It's very easy to find and there will be lots of other people streaming in that direction if you arrive late afternoon-ish. hyde-park-tickets-british-summertime-map

The main support acts - Elbow, White Lies, Tears for Fears - have already been announced and will probably be split between the main stage and the smaller stages. There'll also be some other smaller support acts announced nearer the time, usually it'll come to about 10-15 support acts in total. Capacity is 65,000, I think. No it's a lot smaller than V Festival, only one main stage and less distance inbetween each stage although still plenty to keep you occupied. Normally they run a carnival type thing by the food stalls intermittently, for example. Don't know what time the music will start although it probably won't be much later than 1pm for the smallest support acts. Curfew for The Killers is 10:30.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by Zac Quinn