BST Hyde Park 2017

rawaudioinput

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spice Girls GEM, if that's still happening, was heavily touted for whichever date is the 21st anniversary of Wannabe. And I f the Smashing Pumpkins 'reunion' happens then I think this is the only place they could really headline in the UK. Don't think it will happen in the end though.

Those are the only two I've thought about before now, but if GNR and The Stones don't go bigger, then maybe.

Looking through the AEG roster; Bon Jovi and Lady Gaga jump out as possibilities.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

And I f the Smashing Pumpkins 'reunion' happens then I think this is the only place they could really headline in the UK. Don't think it will happen in the end though.

I'd say it's definitely happening, given Billy's formed a new band with all the non-original Pumpkins, it just seems a way of saying they won't be in the band in the near future. I'm not sure if Iha and D'arcy are that much of a draw though, don't get me wrong it would be pretty cool to see the 'real' Pumpkins, but I'd say they were only there to look cool and the band was only really about Corgan and Jimmy. D'arcy hasn't done anything in years, so think this might be a train wreck ha, either that or it will be fucking brilliant, no real middle ground. 

I think they're nailed on for Riot Fest and maybe Coachella, plus Primavera and a few other European festivals. I can't see them doing BST, as they've never really been a stadium band so don't fit the outside gig type, but I'm struggling to see where they'd fit. I think they'd just do their own tour.

Back on topic to the OP, depending how much they want, GNR would be huge, Arcade Fire seem likely if they're not at Reading and maybe Pearl Jam will be back. 

1 hour ago, rawaudioinput said:

So, who do people think it's gonna be?

I have it on reasonable authority that Green Day will be headlining one of the nights, however it is of course early days at the moment

I would wait and see if tickets became cheap. If they are playing IOW I can see them announcing late due to this, but also I can't see them doing Download at all if this is true and it won't sell enough for either to let it happen.

4 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

I'd say it's definitely happening, given Billy's formed a new band with all the non-original Pumpkins, it just seems a way of saying they won't be in the band in the near future. I'm not sure if Iha and D'arcy are that much of a draw though, don't get me wrong it would be pretty cool to see the 'real' Pumpkins, but I'd say they were only there to look cool and the band was only really about Corgan and Jimmy. D'arcy hasn't done anything in years, so think this might be a train wreck ha, either that or it will be fucking brilliant, no real middle ground. 

I think they're nailed on for Riot Fest and maybe Coachella, plus Primavera and a few other European festivals. I can't see them doing BST, as they've never really been a stadium band so don't fit the outside gig type, but I'm struggling to see where they'd fit. I think they'd just do their own tour.

Back on topic to the OP, depending how much they want, GNR would be huge, Arcade Fire seem likely if they're not at Reading and maybe Pearl Jam will be back. 

Yeah but it seems there's a sizeable amount that correlate the decline in quality output with the original members leaving and think it'll be the same as 1994 if they get back together. Jimmy aside, I'm against it but if it gives more opportunity to see them then I'm okay with that. They're not a stadium band, no, but recent BST events have shown that they don't have to be stadium bands to play and I think it'd sell decent if it was the only show in the UK of a hyped up reunion.

I think Pearl Jam would probably do arenas as their tour that was cancelled last year purportedly only had two dates at the O2 for the UK. Maybe they'd do their own major outdoor show but I don't really see it being a BST event with the 10pm curfew. I can only see Arcade Fire doing a big outdoor show like this in the UK too, but maybe they'll do a single stadium/large outdoor date instead as their last show here was BST so a bit boring to return.

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah but it seems there's a sizeable amount that correlate the decline in quality output with the original members leaving and think it'll be the same as 1994 if they get back together. Jimmy aside, I'm against it but if it gives more opportunity to see them then I'm okay with that. They're not a stadium band, no, but recent BST events have shown that they don't have to be stadium bands to play and I think it'd sell decent if it was the only show in the UK of a hyped up reunion.

I wouldn't be against it, mainly though as I was in primary school when the original line up were going, but it wouldn't be the be all and end all for me. I just wonder what kind of undercard they would have, Beck, Silversun Pickups etc. would be pretty cool. I remember Soundgarden had a decent undercard. 

2 minutes ago, teaconsumer said:

It's 100%. See my post in this thread from last year if in doubt. 

That's good news thanks! I'm presuming their undercard is unknown as of right now? Tickets for their London show are around £65 (fees incl.) so am tempted to hold out a little and pick up a ticket to BST instead. 

52 minutes ago, teaconsumer said:

It's 100%. See my post in this thread from last year if in doubt. 

48 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

That's good news thanks! I'm presuming their undercard is unknown as of right now? Tickets for their London show are around £65 (fees incl.) so am tempted to hold out a little and pick up a ticket to BST instead. 

This poster was very accurate in what they said last year so I would tend to think this is also accurate.

32 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

I'll be pleased if this is the case seeing as I had no luck getting tickets this morning for the 02. Green Day will sell this out comfortably to I'd imagine. Some decent support and that.

I doubt it, RHCP sold their arena tour instantly but struggled with their Knebworth date the other year.

The only one who sold out very quick was Taylor Swift...and obviously The Stones did well too.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I doubt it, RHCP sold their arena tour instantly but struggled with their Knebworth date the other year.

The only one who sold out very quick was Taylor Swift...and obviously The Stones did well too.

That's interesting - Although I think Green Day have more of a diverse range of fans or at least more of a 'cult' following if that's the correct term to use. All their arena tours sell very well etc as have their past few Reading dates. 

2 hours ago, seanz25 said:

That's interesting - Although I think Green Day have more of a diverse range of fans or at least more of a 'cult' following if that's the correct term to use. All their arena tours sell very well etc as have their past few Reading dates. 

Chilis were the 1st to sell their Reading day out comfortably over the others.....Biffy sold their Reading day out I believe before Green Day (if Green Day even did). Biffy don't sell arena's out as quick as either Green Day or Chilis (who also price them much higher overall), and Biffy would not do I doubt their own outdoor shows like Green Day and Chilis have.

It's all circumstantial, but what most likely isn't is the point that BST does not sell well generally. Even Blur went £2.50 a ticket, and I doubt we need to talk about how they would sell arena's. Not everyone wants to attend outdoor big venue's either.

On Friday, September 09, 2016 at 5:14 PM, thewayiam said:

Chilis were the 1st to sell their Reading day out comfortably over the others.....Biffy sold their Reading day out I believe before Green Day (if Green Day even did). Biffy don't sell arena's out as quick as either Green Day or Chilis (who also price them much higher overall), and Biffy would not do I doubt their own outdoor shows like Green Day and Chilis have.

It's all circumstantial, but what most likely isn't is the point that BST does not sell well generally. Even Blur went £2.50 a ticket, and I doubt we need to talk about how they would sell arena's. Not everyone wants to attend outdoor big venue's either.

No at reading it sold out Eminem first then green day a week later than biffy a few weeks after but at Leeds only biffy  day sold out 

4 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

No at reading it sold out Eminem first then green day a week later than biffy a few weeks after but at Leeds only biffy  day sold out 

Ah did Biffy sell out Leeds too. And you are correct, Eminem's flew out quickly.

Great set of headliners minus Green Day imo, the problem is with them as I discussed with Floorfiller the other day, the same gimmicks and shoe everything puts me off being bothered to skip through the shit for the classics. The under card was a let down though imo overall, GD main was okay...SOAD a big plus but I saw the show at Download in 11 and NME atm Saturday and that's it.

On 9 September 2016 at 1:43 PM, thewayiam said:

I think Stevie Wonder this year sold out quicker than T-Swizz, 'has Taylor Swift sold out Hyde Park yet' was a running joke on here 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VinylDelusion said:

Green Day have a big UK announcement later this week. Reckon it could be the Hyde Park announcement?  

I'm thinking it's more likely to be some more tour dates - only London, Manchester and Leeds so far, they'll probably add Scottish date and a few more English ones. Wouldn't be surprised to see another night at the O2 added judging by how quick it sold out. 

11 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I'm thinking it's more likely to be some more tour dates - only London, Manchester and Leeds so far, they'll probably add Scottish date and a few more English ones. Wouldn't be surprised to see another night at the O2 added judging by how quick it sold out. 

Nah their promoters know they're bigger than just three arena shows so it's all been planned this way, and if any were to be added it would've been done so on the day they went on sale. I'd expect it to be BST being announced, and possibly other outdoor shows depending on what festivals they're doing.