BST Hyde Park 2017

rawaudioinput

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen a few posts about Rancid being the Green Day support cause they're touring with them through Europe,but if it was them (using the european support theory) surely they would have been announced straight away...?That makes me think there's something big on the cards regarding their support and that's why it's all still being kept quiet for now!

5 hours ago, MJ171717 said:

Seen a few posts about Rancid being the Green Day support cause they're touring with them through Europe,but if it was them (using the european support theory) surely they would have been announced straight away...?That makes me think there's something big on the cards regarding their support and that's why it's all still being kept quiet for now!

I don't think it'll be something huge. Hoping for a mix of Rancid/Catfish and JEW. 

11 hours ago, MJ171717 said:

Andy Copping has all but confirmed it's Rancid supporting. He'd gain absolutely nothing by saying he couldn't get Rancid because they're supporting Green Day if they're not actually supporting Green Day. 

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Probably on Metro e-edition at midnight. Could see Imagine Dragons tacked on as a special guest, what with them being around with no obvious UK festival to do.

Fuck's sake, I've been wondering who it's gonna be cos I'm gonna be looking to go but no way if it's Imagine Dragons. That makes perfect sense now you say it. Really hope you're wrong though.

Ah well, I've only heard bad things about Hyde Park as a venue anyway.

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Fuck's sake, I've been wondering who it's gonna be cos I'm gonna be looking to go but no way if it's Imagine Dragons. That makes perfect sense now you say it. Really hope you're wrong though.

Ah well, I've only heard bad things about Hyde Park as a venue anyway.

It'd just be a support act though - there'd be other bands on at the same time even. BST are usually very good at crafting an undercard.

The venue isn't great, no, but you can be prepared for that in just accepting that the price of anything is obscene, there are quite a few talkers and you'll wanna be in the front enclosure for decent sound. That's what I did and had a good time.

Just now, dentalplan said:

It'd just be a support act though - there'd be other bands on at the same time even. BST are usually very good at crafting an undercard.

The venue isn't great, no, but you can be prepared for that in just accepting that the price of anything is obscene, there are quite a few talkers and you'll wanna be in the front enclosure for decent sound. That's what I did and had a good time.

I wasn't even aware there was more than one stage if I'm honest, didn't know BST was that big. That's not too bad then but at ~£70 I was kinda hoping for a good "subliner". By front enclosure do you mean the bit where you have to buy a different ticket for? Looking at Green Day it's twice the price so I couldn't afford that, is general admission really that bad?

20 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I wasn't even aware there was more than one stage if I'm honest, didn't know BST was that big. That's not too bad then but at ~£70 I was kinda hoping for a good "subliner". By front enclosure do you mean the bit where you have to buy a different ticket for? Looking at Green Day it's twice the price so I couldn't afford that, is general admission really that bad?

Varies event by event. The Strokes two years ago you just walked up to the barrier (if you were there early enough, obv)

17 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah there's three or sometimes four stages.

You only have to buy a more expensive ticket to get into the front bit for some shows. Looking at Ticketmaster; the Phil Collins and Justin Bieber ones you do, the Green Day gig you can buy a ticket to be guaranteed a passage in and out of there but GA can get in there too with no guarantee of readmittance, Kings of Leon just has it as General Admission and the Premium View is off to the side. It's certain to be like one of the last two.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah there's three or sometimes four stages.

You only have to buy a more expensive ticket to get into the front bit for some shows. Looking at Ticketmaster; the Phil Collins and Justin Bieber ones you do, the Green Day gig you can buy a ticket to be guaranteed a passage in and out of there but GA can get in there too with no guarantee of readmittance, Kings of Leon just has it as General Admission and the Premium View is off to the side. It's certain to be like one of the last two.

Ah nice one! That sounds better. Here's hoping for a good undercard then. I don't mind getting there early to get a good place so that'll be fine.

6 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Varies event by event. The Strokes two years ago you just walked up to the barrier (if you were there early enough, obv)

Cheers for the info, still gutted I couldn't go down for that one as it clashed with my A levels. The Strokes need to get back over here asap.