West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

If they couldn't get ATCQ they'd have been better off giving De La Soul and the lads a ring and seeing if they could step in last minute, playing Demon Days the week before, and stepped in last minute to replace Wu Tang at Nozstock the other year, so they've got form for it.

Bit of a lazy booking IMO, especially if Dizzee was due to play elsewhere originally...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dizzee plays Boy in Da Corner it'll be a shame to miss him, but Radiohead easily trumps that for me. Tribe would have been a really tricky call though...

Shame they couldn't book somebody who hasn't played lots of times before really, but never mind.

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would laugh my ass off if my 3 Glastonbury headliners before the fallow year in the year of our lord 2017 are Status Quo, The Jacksons and Shaggy.

Funny-haha or funny-peculiar?

13 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Funny-haha or funny-peculiar?

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Beats Sheeran...

Probably be a giggle....but hardly the strongest set of headliners I've had in my days.  Status Quo acoustic minus Rick Parfitt is hardly essential.

Dunno, really.  More than any year the top of the bill isn't packing in the must sees and it's probably gonna be more about going with the flow and peer pressure than it is about anything being unmissable.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably be a giggle....but hardly the strongest set of headliners I've had in my days.  Status Quo acoustic minus Rick Parfitt is hardly essential.

Dunno, really.  More than any year the top of the bill isn't packing in the must sees and it's probably gonna be more about going with the flow and peer pressure than it is about anything being unmissable.

Sunday night is looking especially barren (what is it with Glasto and Sunday nights?). Mrs Jass admitted last night that she really wants to see Sheeran, As it stands there is no viable alternative for me.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Discussed it with the usual bunch Calgon, line up is a bit of a turkeysub.

I'm still on for the trio of RH, Jacksons, Justice. For me that is a cracking set of headliners. Bit of everything, in a great order as well.

My one worry is that if there is no good alternative to RH the majority of my group will make an early beeline to block 9 or something and I'll be lagging behind.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sunday night is looking especially barren (what is it with Glasto and Sunday nights?). Mrs Jass admitted last night that she really wants to see Sheeran, As it stands there is no viable alternative for me.

Jain then Shaggy in Silver Hayes would be fun, as will Justice, so happy enough with either of those.  But none of it is stuff I've been waiting half my life to see.

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Lots of good stuff, but maybe a clashfest around teatime and then tumbleweeds later on.

8 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I still maintain theres some depth in the daytime and evening but there isn't one headliner I  want to see over the 3 nights on any stage so far. Dizzy (if true) is a shocker for Friday night WH.

Although I was always in the Flaming Lips camp there I suppose. 

Edited by The Nal

Radiohead on the Pyramid stage, finally seeing Justice for the first time, and hopefully RTJ headlining a tent.

Don't think I could really have asked for any more than that of my three headliners.

The Saturday one obviously isn't confirmed but it's looking more likely by the second.

Just now, The Nal said:

I still maintain theres some depth in the daytime and evening but there isn't one headliner I  want to see over the 3 nights on any stage so far. Dizzy (if true) is a shocker for Friday night WH.

I thought they'd up the ante after a mixed bag in '15 and '16. I was dead wrong.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Radiohead on the Pyramid stage, finally seeing Justice for the first time, and hopefully RTJ headlining a tent.

Don't think I could really have asked for any more than that of my three headliners.

The Saturday one obviously isn't confirmed but it's looking more likely by the second.

Same for me (although I have seen Justice once before). If it ends up being those three it'll be the strongest set of headliners I've had in the three years I've been going.