West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sod that  Get iCube.  

Not been a fan of bump us since Bowie pulled out of T in the Park the week beforehand and they bumped up The Darkness to replace him.

Ouch! That's like saying we've run out of fine mature cheddar so have some dairylea.

Saw happy Mondays headlining our local sportbeat festival last year, was good fun. Think they're doing let's rock bristol this year. I'd be happy with seeing them again as currently headlinerless for Fri.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmmm. ....thing with Black Grape is that the volume of pretty rubbish material far outweighs the 3 or 4 genuinely brilliant tracks.  The Mondays have a solid setlist of bangers.

Get Higher

Reverend Black Grape

Tramazi Party

Little Bob

In The Name of The Farther

Kelly's Hero's

Shake Well Before Opening

Tell Me Something

Daddie Was a Baddie

9 Lives (new)

Pop Voodoo (new)

Not enough for a headline set but more than enough for a sub position I reckon. Shame there seems to be no one who could be bumped up.

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

I don't think that will happen. He's already a small WH sub and he'd get an embarrassing crowd as a headliner.

Two of the three festivals ATCQ have pulled out of have already announced a replacement, and they're at just as short notice as Glasto.

There are potential WH headliners around at the time who aren't on the lineup. Grace Jones, Orbital, George Benson (big enough?), so I imagine they'll be properly replaced.

I really hope they don't do that. I'm already stressed enough about whether its worth risking getting a shit space for Radiohead to at least catch the first half of his set....if they bump him up I'm really fucked!

Plus he's awesome and I want him to get a good crowd :D

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I really hope they don't do that. I'm already stressed enough about whether its worth risking getting a shit space for Radiohead to at least catch the first half of his set....if they bump him up I'm really fucked!

Plus he's awesome and I want him to get a good crowd :D

He was probably in my top 5 acts to see but I've written him off totally now due to Radiohead. Radiohead will get a 2.5 hour set and he probably won't even start until the gap between them and The xx. No chance of me seeing any of his set and getting a good spot for Radiohead.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

He was probably in my top 5 acts to see but I've written him off totally now due to Radiohead. Radiohead will get a 2.5 hour set and he probably won't even start until the gap between them and The xx. No chance of me seeing any of his set and getting a good spot for Radiohead.

***sigh*** :( Maybe I can send one of my Radiohead hating friends there so he can report back

If it's a Muse 16 sized crowd for Radiohead,  I don't think there'll be too much hassle getting a decent spot. Radiohead are my must see headliner but I aint missing Paak. If it means missing the end of one or the start of the other, so be it. 

On 5/20/2017 at 11:46 AM, Badlands said:

If it's a Muse 16 sized crowd for Radiohead,  I don't think there'll be too much hassle getting a decent spot. Radiohead are my must see headliner but I aint missing Paak. If it means missing the end of one or the start of the other, so be it. 

Yeh, I'm really hoping this is possible. Are Radiohead definitely going to be getting 2.5 hours? Where can i find some old line up times????? I'd even be happy with first half of Paak and missing the first bit of Radiohead, especially if they do that thing when they start with three tunes from AMSP....

EDIT: Found it. If this is anything to go by, plus going by the idea that maybe Radiohead will   gather a Muse '16-esque crowd, we should be alright! Half of Paak at a bare minimum :-D

Edited by Sasperella

34 minutes ago, liamium said:

huuuuge gap between last US date and playing London & Manc 28th & 30th June. if he's not on the full poster i'm 100% on board for the latter :)

He played last year as part of Kamasi Washington's band, so I'd hope he liked it enough to come back. I'd say he's a pretty reasonable prospect, and I'd really like to see him.

On 5/20/2017 at 5:06 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Guys - as much as I like 'em, good spots for Radiohead are gonna be ten a penny.

I used to put stock in your tastes.

Ice Cube, DJ Shadow, Run The Jewels or Andy .P getting bumped up are all very attractive potential Friday nights for me. But please not Black Grape.

18 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I used to put stock in your tastes.

Ice Cube, DJ Shadow, Run The Jewels or Andy .P getting bumped up are all very attractive potential Friday nights for me. But please not Black Grape.

Boooooooooooo

Just now, Will-2609 said:

They've got 2.5 hours at other festivals around Glasto and Glasto are obviously happy to give slots of that length to headliners. Why won't Radiohead get it?

Tom York told Emily that he wants to see at least half of Anderson .Paak.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Not North of Crewe m8.

I grew up in Salford, still live in Greater Manchester and work in the city centre. I don't think I know anybody who's at all interested in Black Grape. Happy Mondays, maybe as a novelty, but Black Grape don't have that funny homeless guy with the maracas, or the "yer twistin my melon, man" song from the indie discos, so nobody's bothered.

23 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I grew up in Salford, still live in Greater Manchester and work in the city centre. I don't think I know anybody who's at all interested in Black Grape. Happy Mondays, maybe as a novelty, but Black Grape don't have that funny homeless guy with the maracas, or the "yer twistin my melon, man" song from the indie discos, so nobody's bothered.

Bez was in Black Grape. He would get up on stage with them if they played. 

I think they would pull a pretty decent crowd on West holts. Granted they are not headline material but a tea time slot would pull a fair few. Not everyone at Glatonbury is under 25.

BLACK GRAPE.jpg

Edited by eastynh