West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

A perfect fit for West Holts I think. 

Bit surprised at some of the comments on this thread implying they ain't got the funk. Kraftwerk are the funk.

Kraftwerk are hugely influential to a lot of musicians. Granted, in my experience there's not a lot of dancing going on by the largely middle aged, white, 3D glasses wearing, audience, but the funk's there if you want it. Apart from Autobahn and a few others.

he's got a touch of the Neil Diamonds - you just don't realise how good his records are

a bit of Womack:

a bit of Leon Russell (RIP)

and earlier this year:

...you're swaying, aintcha swayin'?

and you surely know this little tune?

Edited by 5co77ie

Someone already posted this in the hip hop/grime board but I thought I'd throw it in here for good measure. A Tribe Called Quest to announce a world tour.

Solid Saturday/Sunday night headliner?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/11/a-tribe-called-quest-to-embark-on-one-final-world-tour/

Fri: George Benson
Sat: ATCQ
Sun: Kraftwerk...............?

2 hours ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

Someone already posted this in the hip hop/grime board but I thought I'd throw it in here for good measure. A Tribe Called Quest to announce a world tour.

Solid Saturday/Sunday night headliner?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/11/a-tribe-called-quest-to-embark-on-one-final-world-tour/

Fri: George Benson
Sat: ATCQ
Sun: Kraftwerk...............?

obviously got no idea who's gonna be on Other yet, but as it stands with Ed apparently on the Pyramid, ATCQ on the Saturday would be the best case scenario for sure (assuming Kraftwerk will be Sunday). if they're up and touring around then i can't see Glastonbury missing out on them

49 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

obviously got no idea who's gonna be on Other yet, but as it stands with Ed apparently on the Pyramid, ATCQ on the Saturday would be the best case scenario for sure (assuming Kraftwerk will be Sunday). if they're up and touring around then i can't see Glastonbury missing out on them

Unless they're after a big payday......in which case more likely for Lovebox or Bestival or something , surely.

If it's a world tour though, they're going to be playing at a whole heap of places all over Europe, America and Asia.

Would an exclusive deal in the UK for Bestival or Isle of White or something really make more money for them than spreading it out?

They'd make more than enough to be able to do Glasto 'on the cheap', so to say, whilst also satisfying themselves they played one last time at the UK's biggest festival