West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a feeling that might be one of those ones that Parklife nabs and they don't end up at G.

Gabi Ruiz said there were plenty of rappers coming to Primavera tho - including old school ones - so I reckon they'll be around at least. Them and/or Eric B & Rakim, should think.

Another thing I spotted that Ruiz said was that David Byrne was touring (imaginably he meant Europe) but not during Primavera dates. A few weeks later might be okay though. :D 

I saw George Benson in the round at Wembley Arena in, I think, 1982. He introduced a very young Whitney Houston who joined him for a song and stunned the crowd with her extraordinary voice. In the next few years she would become a mega star and cover his tune, The Greatest Love. 

In his 70s now, how would be unmissable in my opinion.

If you don't know his work have a listen to The World is Ghetto from In Flight. 10 mins of 70s fabulousness:

6 hours ago, FrancisH said:

shiiiiiit Radiohead - ATCQ - Kraftwerk would be unbelievable.

Can't let myself get excited about this, been hurt so many times before

Yeah, same. Michael and Emily said they'd have to fit in twice as much music because of the fallow year.

Has the potential to be sublime, but trying to not get too excited - although coming on here every few hours isn't helping :blink:

3 hours ago, scrippit said:

I saw George Benson in the round at Wembley Arena in, I think, 1982. He introduced a very young Whitney Houston who joined him for a song and stunned the crowd with her extraordinary voice. In the next few years she would become a mega star and cover his tune, The Greatest Love. 

In his 70s now, how would be unmissable in my opinion.

If you don't know his work have a listen to The World is Ghetto from In Flight. 10 mins of 70s fabulousness:

Talk about fabulous - check out the bright orange shirt/white chinos combo

extremely sad about Sharon Jones. Missus and I were going to see her on Dec 9th, and I literally had just told my brother and his wife who were flying into NY that morning, that they had to join us. literally just told him that yesterday, and then texted him with the sad news later in the night when I heard.

talk about timing too, i'll be seeing Dap-King guitarist/vocalist Binky Griptite this Wednesday as part of a reenactment of The Band's Last Waltz gig, called "The Complete Last Waltz" that's done every 2 years at a famed (esp if you're a Grateful Dead fan) venue called the Capitol Theatre just outside NYC

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm enjoying  Vanishing Twin at the minute:

0008000448_10.jpg

It's a bit of a difficult one to pigeonhole - sort of Stereolab / Broadcast meets Don Cherry during the sessions for Satanic Majesties.  In Cologne.

https://m.soundcloud.com/vanishingtwin

Equally difficult to categorize, bound for glory, if someone books them.