West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, play it cool said:

All this talk of Santana, do we know he/they're in Europe next year?

latest date he has announced thus far is Bluesfest in Australia which is in April, so nothing pointing him in the direction of Glastonbury as of yet - think it's just wishful thinking and educated guesses really

Did anyone catch Deltron 3030 in 2014? What did people think?

Seeing Deltron, De La Soul and Jurassic 5 all in one day as my first proper experience of live hip hop was pretty special.

Run the Jewels were great in 2015 as well, having never listened to them before. Hoping they return in 2017.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is Neil still rumouring them for Silver Hayes?

The madman has seen sense and put them to Unknown Stage, which is a step in the right direction.

Apparently their Latitude headline set was their 3D show, but I wasn't there to confirm that or to say how well it went down visually.

4 minutes ago, Untz said:

The madman has seen sense and put them to Unknown Stage, which is a step in the right direction.

Apparently their Latitude headline set was their 3D show, but I wasn't there to confirm that or to say how well it went down visually.

Amazingly insightful comment from The Mirror:

3D glasses work better in cinemas than in fields

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Amazingly insightful comment from The Mirror:

3D glasses work better in cinemas than in fields

To be honest, a JP set is probably more likely due to this and the relative ease of handing out glasses.

But I'm not giving up on the dream!

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though would that also apply to the Robots?

much less so.

While the tickets are at the expensive end of things for small halls, it's small halls where there's much less revenue in the first place compared to the big shows that Santana do.

But having just looked at those prices I'm thinking it's quite possible that they're outside of WH's budget, tho these things can depend on how much a band might be willing to bend on price.

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

much less so.

While the tickets are at the expensive end of things for small halls, it's small halls where there's much less revenue in the first place compared to the big shows that Santana do.

But having just looked at those prices I'm thinking it's quite possible that they're outside of WH's budget, tho these things can depend on how much a band might be willing to bend on price.

Shall we ask them? They may come back and say you've already booked us you idiots!

http://delafont.com/music_acts/kraftwerk.htm

I wouldn't be putting too much focus on the ability to do the 3D show. I saw them in Brixton in 2004 which just had the big screen behind them. It was still visually spectacular and would work brilliantly on WH new screens with their own projection behind them on the stage.

My concern here is that some seem to be underestimating their popularity hence a spot at JP or SH would be a disaster of over crowding. Their current, and previous tours have sold out in minutes and many, including myself, were not lucky enough to get tickets. WH is the perfect spot for them.

16 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Shall we ask them? They may come back and say you've already booked us you idiots!

http://delafont.com/music_acts/kraftwerk.htm

Wow this is a great and cunning plan! 

Someone should make a sort-of-official looking GlastonburyFestival@gmail.com email address and email loads of acts saying "Following your agreement to play Glastonbury Festival, please let us know if there are any special dietary requirements needed". If they respond with "We hate crisps" or something, then we will know the act is booked.

Do it, do it now.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Different demographics, obviously, but I've heard tell of poor attendance at some of their other festival bookings, e.g. TITP.

Crowd attendance at TITP isn't a good indicator of anything anymore to be fair. I'm sure we all remember the shameful pictures of LCD's crowd this year...