Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

4 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

I thought the flaming lips would be clashing with radiohead not the xx?

Ah - I'm unsure, I'd read they were further down the bill so just assumed! Clashfinder is going to be both exciting and infuriating this year!

RE wearing a band tshirt at that bands own gig... Not something I usually do (for whatever reason) but it's Radiohead at Glastonbury. This is the exact time to be wearing your Radiohead tshirt and gallivanting around Worthy Farm without a single care in the world. I picked this up from Age Concern last week for £1.99 (!!!) and I'll be wearing it on Friday night with a beer in my hand and an anticipation in my eyes tantamount to a kid on Christmas eve, waiting to unwrap that one present they've been longing for all year. Something special is about to happen. Get ya tshirt on. Radiohead_Signs_Red_Shirt2_LG.jpg

Good God, I can't wait.

Edited by jyoung
  • Upvote 3

Love that Stanley Print on Shangrilart 

ea9286b3-f9d4-4f80-b250-fb8298e762dc.jpg

Stanley: “I first drew this when my children were very young and awoke at a painful hour in the morning. I told them a story about how grown-ups put their toys away in the attic and forget about them. Meanwhile the toys are sad and then angry and in the end they come down the stairs and eat the grown-ups.

I was drawing these stories out around the time that I was beginning to make the artwork for what became Radiohead's Kid A, and the pointy-toothed bear sort of cross pollinated. It's spread like some sort of bacterium.

It's easy to draw and isn't copyrighted, so embrace the bear. Just don't leave it in the attic.

At £150 it's too rich for me but maybe if my numbers come in. 

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

RE wearing a band tshirt at that bands own gig... Not something I usually do (for whatever reason) but it's Radiohead at Glastonbury. This is the exact time to be wearing your Radiohead tshirt and gallivanting around Worthy Farm without a single care in the world. I picked this up from Age Concern last week for £1.99 (!!!) and I'll be wearing it on Friday night with a beer in my hand and an anticipation in my eyes tantamount to a kid on Christmas eve, waiting to unwrap that one present they've been longing for all year. Something special is about to happen. Get ya tshirt on. Radiohead_Signs_Red_Shirt2_LG.jpg

Good God, I can't wait.

YOU GO GIRL ! 

i do wonder about the XX sub slot though. Their sets on their own tour are very darkness dependent (lighting etc). I just dont see them doing that a glastonbury. I know the poster shows them as subbing but im dubious.

11 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

i do wonder about the XX sub slot though. Their sets on their own tour are very darkness dependent (lighting etc). I just dont see them doing that a glastonbury. I know the poster shows them as subbing but im dubious.

Won't be as effective as total darkness, but the sun sets behind the Pyramid Stage, so the lighting will have a decent effect, especially if you're close, and as the set goes on. They could turn it all up to 11 as well.

I really want to be there for the last half of the set especially, it's quite a beautiful thing if they keep it as it has been.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

My plan (hopefully) is to watch all of the FLips, then make it to The xx for the last few songs. If I can be there for Loud Places and Angels I'll be happy.

where and when are you expecting the lips to play?

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

No

Correct and acceptable

Stop being so grumpy and lighten up a little. Have you not heard of people just being silly and playful?

You're going to Glastonbury in 4 weeks (I presume). There should be nothing but joy in your heart.

:)

Ben

Im not being serious. 

I only ever wear Butthole Surfer T Shirts and I probably wont ever see the Butthile Surfers play full stop so I thibk that makes me ultra cool. 

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Won't be as effective as total darkness, but the sun sets behind the Pyramid Stage, so the lighting will have a decent effect, especially if you're close, and as the set goes on. They could turn it all up to 11 as well.

I really want to be there for the last half of the set especially, it's quite a beautiful thing if they keep it as it has been.

There won't be any moon - I've checked.  That might help, slightly...

3 minutes ago, chatty said:

Im not being serious. 

I only ever wear Butthole Surfer T Shirts and I probably wont ever see the Butthile Surfers play full stop so I thibk that makes me ultra cool. 

Ah the old "person takes position and pretends to be serious, other person pretends to disagree, first person tells second person to be so serious" story that is as old as the internet ;)