Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

1 hour ago, arcade fireman said:

What! Bloom is an incredible live song. One of their best live songs for me, one of those songs where every member of the band's part is brilliant and so much energy to the song too. 

Can't think GUTG would work nearly as well at a festival though was on the original Berlin set list til it got replaced by Creep. Separator is nice live but better at one of their own shows in an indoor venue. 

I saw it at the Roundhouse and I just thought it was an absolute waste as an encore song. It is much better live than on TKOL, but the song itself is far from one of their better efforts. It's the Gloaming of TKOL era.

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Which stuff do you want to hear?

i believe any band good enough to headline or play the top 4/5 slots even should play there most known songs there best ov if you like it bugs me when bands play a festival and then play mostly there new album [ not saying radiohead do ] thats wot tours are for ..if your playing a festival then imo you want everyone to sing along even the bad songs to you may be some ones fav song ..thats the way i see it old son ..

just a thought tho i think its gonna be 20 years since radiohead played maybe thell do a 20 year return and play exactly the same ...id be in favour of that old son ...just a thought but wot a thought

27 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

i believe any band good enough to headline or play the top 4/5 slots even should play there most known songs there best ov if you like it bugs me when bands play a festival and then play mostly there new album [ not saying radiohead do ] thats wot tours are for ..if your playing a festival then imo you want everyone to sing along even the bad songs to you may be some ones fav song ..thats the way i see it old son ..

just a thought tho i think its gonna be 20 years since radiohead played maybe thell do a 20 year return and play exactly the same ...id be in favour of that old son ...just a thought but wot a thought

Exactly the same set as in 1997? Really? You know they played in 2003 too?

Edited by stuartbert two hats

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

For what it's worth when they played Give Up the Ghost in Manchester on the KOL tour, it was probably the best performance of the night. The vocal looping at the start was mesmerising.

Same in Amsterdam. My daughter watched the whole song with her hands on her face then turned to me and said "I didn't know that was possible".

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2016 at 10:38 AM, Little Andy said:

It gets worse ... apparently kid's don't even know what an album and it's artwork are!!! Listen at 2:46 - 

Fucking hell. It's like watching a chimp who's become convinced by everybody around him that he is wiser than Plato and Einstein combined. He sits there scratching his head, all full of his own wind, and makes his meaningless chimp noises, fully believing that these noises contain all there is to know about everything. And everybody's encouraging him.

We need to stop Noel Gallager. One and half albums of decent songs made from a combination pilfered 70s tunes and cocaine, and we as a society have allowed this man to think he's a great musician.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

it's about getting the balance right with new and old. Radiohead have released 3 albums since the last headline slot and a lot of fans hold these albums especially in rainbows with high regards. 

I can't see anyone wanting a repeat set from 20 years ago.

Looking at the set lists at the moment and I think Radiohead have worked out a very balanced festival set.

Only thing that could change is maybe there will decide an orchestra may work for a big event like Glastonbury 

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Fucking hell. It's like watching a chimp who's become convinced by everybody around him that he is wiser than Plato and Einstein combined. He sits there scratching his head, all full of his own wind, and makes his meaningless chimp noises, fully believing that these noises contain all there is to know about everything. And everybody's encouraging him.

We need to stop Noel Gallager. One and half albums of decent songs made from a combination pilfered 70s tunes and cocaine, and we as a society have allowed this man to think he's a great musician.

All you've got is attitude @GETOFFAMYLAWN. Where's your chorus? Write a chorus

• Upvote 1

I randomly got reminded of Thom's weirdly wonderful appearance on the big fat quiz of the year ages ago. Thankfully the video was easy to find but I had totally forgotten about the absolute STATE of Lilly Allen in this segment. As someone who puts In Rainbows at number 1 in my Radiohead album rankings her cheap shot about the album is nothing short of embarrassing, especially considering she made a short lived career off releasing pure shite.  

15 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Amen brother 

19 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Your first paragraph is also 100% applicable to Glenn Hoddle, weirdly. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Not that it's relevant but Mrs Woffy agreed as I was watching that vid. But then - whilst they were on TV - told Toyah Wilcox to 'fuck off', and to Germaine Greer 'meh, meh, feminism: have a baby. I'll be a feminist on my own fucking terms, cheers'. 

I have no idea what any of that means. I just knew not to mention Jess Glynn. 

22 hours ago, Aiden said:

I randomly got reminded of Thom's weirdly wonderful appearance on the big fat quiz of the year ages ago. Thankfully the video was easy to find but I had totally forgotten about the absolute STATE of Lilly Allen in this segment. As someone who puts In Rainbows at number 1 in my Radiohead album rankings her cheap shot about the album is nothing short of embarrassing, especially considering she made a short lived career off releasing pure shite.  

what did lily allen say?