Serious issue that GFL need to sort out

wilko8

I'd like to preface this post by saying I love Glastonbury. I had the most wonderful time even though, out of the five years I have attended, the line up was the weakest (to my taste) and the weather & conditions were the worst. 

I'm not annoyed at the traffic chaos getting on and off site, or the site conditions, or the wideness of the paths, or the lack of chippings & tracks, or the flags, or the gazebos, or the folks with chairs & backpacks, or the one ways system, or the difficulties getting into the SE corner. 

But there is one thing that really grinds my fucking gears. One thing that has soured me on the whole occasion that GFL need to sort out. 

The fucking carpark stickers. What the fuck!?! Surely it cannot be beyond the wit of man to develop a sticker that can be stuck and unstuck without causing this mess!?!

I think I'm going to write to the Eavii. Forget booking next years headliners, forget the drainage in the lower field, forget longleat. Get on this problem immediately. 

image.jpeg

I must admit I was quite pleased that my staff parking permit was just a piece of paper that I had to stick on with blu-tack... :D

Seriously, though, a bit of nail polish remover or WD-40 will get that lot off in seconds. Next time, put the sticker inside a plastic polywallet, and blu-tack it to your windscreen. Job done. 

You beat me to this, every year it happens, I decided last year not to stick it to the windscreen but this year I did know that I needed a new windscreen anyway although I actually thought they would solved the problem by now.

24 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

Hahaha. But really, you WANT to take it off? 

Whhhhy do people seemingly leave them on all year? Is it some sort of hipster brag 'oooh look I went to Glasto' to rest of motorists? -  Serious question!

Ref: Why they stick.. is its not to stop people taking them off once in the car park and passing on to mates?

This is usually an irritating problem I face, however this year no problems peeling it off whatsoever. I only lightly stuck it to the windscreen (it was still fully on, just pressed down around the edges), and the sticker contained a small non-stick corner. I started peeling back from that and it came off in one. Assuming it wasn't only my sticker that had this?!

6 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Whhhhy do people seemingly leave them on all year? Is it some sort of hipster brag 'oooh look I went to Glasto' to rest of motorists? -  Serious question!

Two reasons for me.. Because I like it, and because it makes it easier to spot your own car from a distance in a supermarket etc car park.

2 hours ago, tumbles said:

Ref: Why they stick.. is its not to stop people taking them off once in the car park and passing on to mates?

So that when you honk at other drivers and give them a knowing look they know what you too survived the car park mud. 

That and they're stuck like superglue 

2 hours ago, incident said:

Two reasons for me.. Because I like it, and because it makes it easier to spot your own car from a distance in a supermarket etc car park.

Indeed. Plus it always makes me smile when I see one still stuck on 10 months later so I like to think I'm providing a service.