Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what it says mate I'm mildly obsessed with Oasis so I do follow the chap who writes the tunes

This a thread about acts who could potentially headline Glastonbury so when I heard from someone, who I have reason to believe would be in the know, about Oasis I just thought I'd pass on what I've heard. You don't have to believe it

I think some of the suggestions that have gone in here are mad but it's a rumour thread..

Edited by mufcok

48 minutes ago, Woffy said:

There were quite a few bands on after the headliners at Beni. I remember that chap from the Rakes joking at wayyyyyy gone 2am about how the were 'closing the festival'. 

He was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows he's miserable now.

15 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

No, I'm saying your reasoning for Lady Gaga's music not being good enough to stand alone was poor and Bowie was an example to back that up.

Fair enough if you don't like her music but I don't think that reasoning holds much weight.

my reasoning is her music is shit mate....bland chart pop.....indistinguishable from 100s of other artists, I see from the downvotes thats not a popular opinion but its mine alone :) as for bowie, his image was part of the music, he played a character in a lot of ways....gaga is just trying to get headlines and get people to look rather then listen to her....there is a huge difference :P

14 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

my reasoning is her music is shit mate....bland chart pop.....indistinguishable from 100s of other artists, I see from the downvotes thats not a popular opinion but its mine alone :) as for bowie, his image was part of the music, he played a character in a lot of ways....gaga is just trying to get headlines and get people to look rather then listen to her....there is a huge difference :P

I  wish that serious rock song was as bland and indistinguishable as Bad Romance. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Actually, I've got a memory of Mozz being quite rude about the Spanish.  I seem to recall him coming back onstage after a shirt change and apologising to the crowd.

Also: #SweatySuggs

Hmmmn. Yeah. I think it was in response to someone shouting 'give me your vest' and fully understanding it was lost in translation Mozzetta went a bit OTT in mock indignity about not wearing a vest, which in turn was lost in translation in the other direction. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was at that one too. Remember Pixies being ace.

Apart from the crushing and the barrier collapsing. Sorted it though. 

10 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Really? I would considering Emily Eavis ruled them and Daft Punk out explicitly.

Agreed, based on that I ruled them out completely, however yesterday I was told by a tour manager of another band that they were set to play? Now I didn't ask when he was told this but he was told this none the less, when he returns from tour duties in Australia, I will ask him if still the case

Edited by mrlibertinedream