Avalon announced

eFestivals

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Well we knew quite a few of those already. Surprised Will Young isn't on a bigger stage/

Good spot for Beans on Toast.

Blackberry Smoke are the Skynyrd types @The Nal shared a while back aren't they?

Good to see the Destroyers back.

They are indeed.

Although Skynyrd types is probably an over compliment. 

I rarely see even a single act on the Avalon bill that interests me. I love Beans and might see This is the Kit but as usual not a lot. I read so many people on here say it's their favourite area but I've barely seen anyone there in all my years of going. What am I missing? 

Just now, Filthy said:

I rarely see even a single act on the Avalon bill that interests me. I love Beans and might see This is the Kit but as usual not a lot. I read so many people on here say it's their favourite area but I've barely seen anyone there in all my years of going. What am I missing? 

The bars are generally very good around there and personally it's one of the better places to see good new stuff that you wouldn't otherwise get to or make the effort to check out

Molotov Jukebox last year were amazing. And Beth Orton and the Bad Shepherds (not together, that would be weird) a year or so before, the atmosphere in the Avalon when it gets going can veer between tears and extreme joy. A crowd that know what they like and aren't ashamed to show it.

I also like a bit of Will Young. <unashamed>

Just now, Little Andy said:

Turin Brakes, Corin Bailey Rae and KT Tunstall? Or maybe The Feeling?

Would be my guess.

I love Avalon.  Just has a nice chilled out vibe to the place and the bars/café are great.  Not a huge fan of the massive stages to be fair and like the size of Avalon Stage as a venue.