Next Announcement thread

Matt42

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

Chap last week also mentioned he interviewed a couple of smaller acts who aren't on the poster who told him they weren't allowed to say they were playing before last Thursday.  I assumed that meant an embargo date (as has been mentioned by some of the stage/area organisers in the last couple of years) was that date, but sadly nothing has come to pass.

That was me. I checked in with the acts and their press teams to see if they were happy with the articles, interviews and reactions, no complaints of the mention of Glastonbury in said articles. So not sure what went off. But to be fair the articles focus on another festival for all the acts, with just a passing mention of Glasto. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's the full poster, it is normally being trailed by one radio station or other, "Big news at 7pm!", that sort of thing.

Smaller areas have sometimes been built up by the related Twitter/Facebook feed.

I'd expect we'll have an inkling something is happening at least an hour before it hits.

Just now, Memory Man said:

it will be interesting to see who this act is come 11am, and whether they are on the poster already or not.

there must be a valid reason why they havent been allowed to announce it until today.

and why they've been hyping it up for a couple of weeks rather than just announcing it like every other gig...

29 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm going for something in Bristol on the Tues night. Usually Fleece and O2 have lower profile Glasto acts playing on the Tues night and both venues have nothing booked for Tues at the moment. Was The Ramona Flowers last year at the Fleece though can't for the life of me remember who their promoter was. Now Wave have some big acts though.