Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Romford said:

Hopefully it's that then! I can't remember being this impatient for a lineup announcement in a long time, even if it is coming earlier than normal 

Last year's wait was much worse than this. I'm actually feeling pretty relaxed about the whole thing. When it comes it comes.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Last year's wait was much worse than this. I'm actually feeling pretty relaxed about the whole thing. When it comes it comes.

yep at least we have a roundabout knowledge of when its coming this year. last year we had fuck all for what seemed forever, although i guess plenty of rampant speculation on the third headliner to keep us busy

16 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No idea what part you are but it is absolutely glorious here in New Moston. The weather is mad as hell at present.

20160427_123609_resized.jpg

working in reddish and we had like 20 mins where wind picked up and it started snow, not laid or anything but keeps going dark, snow then sun ...currently sunny with dark clouds coming over

10 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Just noticed The Common were on the big poster last year, could very well mean we're getting that this week then.

Maybe. But that's one of the main reasons I can't see the big poster coming before all the smaller stages have had a chance to individually show off their own lineups.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the big poster this week, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

27 minutes ago, eastynh said:

It will be announced tonight I reckon based on the fact I am going to watch UB40 tonight and I can't stand them.

If you were from the midlands it would be mandatory to like UB40, along with having an anecdote about how you went to school with/lived next door to either one of the band or one of their kids

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I feel the same. Maybe it's more to do with the fact there has already been more announced that I really want to see, than there was on the whole line up last year.

I am pretty chilled with it now.

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

If you were from the midlands it would be mandatory to like UB40, along with having an anecdote about how you went to school with/lived next door to either one of the band or one of their kids

I'm from the Midlands and I fucking loathe UB40. However my mum genuinely did live in the next street to one of the blokes from Duran Duran.

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

As someone who is from the midlands I would like to say that it certainly not mandatory and if it is I am rebelling big time

3 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

working in reddish and we had like 20 mins where wind picked up and it started snow, not laid or anything but keeps going dark, snow then sun ...currently sunny with dark clouds coming over

I better get my washing in then. Only a matter of time before it drifts over here :-(

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Substitute Midlands with Manchester and UB40 with Stone Roses and it's the same story over here. I even have my own tentative link lol :-)

Winner!

I also can't stand UB40.  I've been in the midlands 25 years and don't get the adoration.  My ex had one of Duran Duran's school text books.  When I first moved here the discovery that UB40 members have lived in about 17,000 locations and have kids at basically every school from Stratford to Walsall was an eye opener.

1 minute ago, richroet said:

As someone who is from the midlands I would like to say that it certainly not mandatory and if it is I am rebelling big time

Good on you.  Fight the good fight.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

I better get my washing in then. Only a matter of time before it drifts over here :-(

Substitute Midlands with Manchester and UB40 with Stone Roses and it's the same story over here. I even have my own tentative link lol :-)

Sorry, had to get involved here. Another Mancunian with a (very) tentative link.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm from the Midlands and I fucking loathe UB40. However my mum genuinely did live in the next street to one of the blokes from Duran Duran.

Yep, me too.

And my mum genuinely did live down the road from Ali Campbell!

And a few years previously she lived round the corner from Bev Bevan (from the original E.L.O. kids)