The Cure

roughbloke

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love Editors. Last album I thought was very good. This latest one isn't very good other than a couple of songs, Seeing them at Hammersmith Apollo on the 13th so hopefully the live show is still very good!

edit: noticed how many times I said 'Very' and 'Good' after posting.

Edited by Andy0808 v5

they were fantastic at Bestival, although i'll never forgive them for not playing Pictures Of You, my favourite song by them

Reading 2012 was an unreal night, Perfect set list IMO. It'd be hard to be anywhere but the pyramid if they do play.

25. End 

26. Encore:
  30. (First ever UK performance)

unfortunately i just don't see them ever playing Glastonbury again - there's no real demand for them or their new material, and they don't quite fit in to the 'legend' status, which are two criteria that Glastonbury headliners seem to fall in to. plus if i'm not mistaken Robert Smith had some not very nice things to say about Glastonbury? (can't remember the specifics on that one, or if i'm just totally making it up)

To my mind, they're in that awkward place of being headliner status in several parts of the world, but possibly not at Glastonbury. So they wouldn't bother unless offered headliner, but that seems not *terribly* likely.

Having said that, if the festival is desperate enough to get The Who to cancel some gigs and come back after a relatively recent set (for a legend act), then who knows?

I could actually see it happening one day. Robert Smith isn't an idiot. The Cure have a massive back catalogue that would get a welcome boost from a Glasto set on the BBC.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

To my mind, they're in that awkward place of being headliner status in several parts of the world, but possibly not at Glastonbury. So they wouldn't bother unless offered headliner, but that seems not *terribly* likely.

Having said that, if the festival is desperate enough to get The Who to cancel some gigs and come back after a relatively recent set (for a legend act), then who knows?

I could actually see it happening one day. Robert Smith isn't an idiot. The Cure have a massive back catalogue that would get a welcome boost from a Glasto set on the BBC.

Also known as the Depeche Mode conundrum.