3 hours ago, jparx said:
2 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

The Perfect Kiss

True Faith

Temptation

Atmosphere

Love Will Tear Us Apart

Blue Monday

That is one of the finest closing sets any artist can put together. How can anyone moan?!

She'll have a big crowd but there sure as hell won't be 135,000 there.

Everybody on the other stage.. 135.000

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Is it me or have the posts on this page been down compared to a normal headliner announcement?  Maybe its cos it's a friday night? Maybe people are not that bothered. 

Plenty of "she deserves it, but not for me" style posts.

No one seems to care.

No outrage and Not many that excited by it.

It's a stampede compared to the Muse announcement.

But Friday night - what 9.30? - is a slightly odd time to announce it.  Granted it's so she could announce it onstage, but otherwise....

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Glasto Chat seems to be full of middle aged men saying what a disgrace it is, that the festival has lost touch with what's relevant, and that they should've booked The Stone Roses

You can't moan at that though, 4 nights at the Etihad after already doing 3 at Heaton only 4 years is massive.....regardless of it being Mancheater. I have no urge to pay to see them but if they headline Glasto.....I'm there because it's what you do if you're a fan I think. I would say you're looking at Friday night next year....I'm not sure they would let themselves be heard on a day with no work the next day for the majority on tv....because it will sound shit.....on tv at least.

6 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Good for the kids/Instagram type attendees. Emily sure knows how to market her field to that crowd.

That's whats great about Glastonbury.  They can have put on whoever on the Pyramid (and Adele is an excellent booking) but there is so much else to see, you don't even need to go near the Pyramid at all (other than for Oli's halloumi cones) and have the best time of the year. 

What no one seems to be saying is the way it came out is, yet again, not how glasto wanted it announcing. They didnt want to scurry up a quick facebook post on a friday night just cos she self confirmed on stage. Must be a bit annoying for them really.

also dont think it means we'll get the poster any quicker. Will be after re sale as per last year.

Edited by Memory Man

When did the festival last have the biggest act in the world headlining... at their peak of their powers? Oasis in 1995 maybe, but was "whats the story" even out then?

Kanye can claim whatever, but Adele's sales dwarf his (and anyone else for that matter).

Yes McCartney, but he was 35-40 years or so past his peak of popularity when he headlined. 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

When did the festival last have the biggest act in the world headlining... at their peak of their powers? Oasis in 1995 maybe, but was "whats the story" even out then?

Kanye can claim whatever, but Adele's sales dwarf his (and anyone else for that matter).

Yes McCartney, but he was 35-40 years or so past his peak of popularity when he headlined. 

I couldn't say, but it is probably rare when the Venn diagram of the world's biggest selling artists and Pyramid stage headliners produce a suitable option. 

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

WTS, MG? wasn't released when Oasis played in 1995, but it was the show when some of the tracks got their first widespread airing.

I still recall the dull thud as they debuted things like Hello and Roll With It.

6 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I couldn't say, but it is probably rare when the Venn diagram of the world's biggest selling artists and Pyramid stage headliners produce a suitable option. 

Well this makes this one a bit more special.... maybe I should go back to bed. Im debating watching her at the minute!!

30 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

What no one seems to be saying is the way it came out is, yet again, not how glasto wanted it announcing. They didnt want to scurry up a quick facebook post on a friday night just cos she self confirmed on stage. Must be a bit annoying for them really.

also dont think it means we'll get the poster any quicker. Will be after re sale as per last year.

Emily was with Adele on Wednesday night, previously Adele flat out denied Glastonbury on stage. I think on Wednesday Emily gave her to go ahead to self confirm.

The biggest act in the world and people are disapointed, coupled with the fact that we have the biggest band in the world aswell headlining! What could Glastonbury have done any different than to sign up Coldplay and Adele. Muse will be terrific and to be honest I'm slightly disapointed by the strength of the headliners cause I don't particularly enjoy a Pyrimid heavy weekend.

12 minutes ago, PurpleFire said:

The biggest act in the world and people are disapointed, coupled with the fact that we have the biggest band in the world aswell headlining! What could Glastonbury have done any different than to sign up Coldplay and Adele. Muse will be terrific and to be honest I'm slightly disapointed by the strength of the headliners cause I don't particularly enjoy a Pyrimid heavy weekend.

I agree with you on this, hopefully this will be my first Glastonbury and I'm quite annoyed as it's looking like 3 nights at the Pyramid Stage to be honest because I will most likely, depending who else is headlining the other stages on Saturday, be watching all 3 but I'm not complaining.

They've done well booking these 3, although Muse and Coldplay are repeat bookings, these are 3 of the biggest acts in the world at the moment. But everyone has different opinions and different tastes which is why there are a hell of a lot of stages at Glasto.

I've no issue with Adele playing, think she's a decent skin. Nodded enthusiastically to the comparison with Celine Dion elsewhere on eFests this morning. Justifying appearance at the top of the bill based on sales. Mhmm.

When Emily eventually books One Direction or the equiv in the future the people defending Dellser today need to STFU. They're the same. Music for people that don't like music. 

Muse Adele Coldplay is a grannysafe c**t's picnic in comparison to previous years. The worst headliners in the fest's recent history. I had expected the fest to pull out of the downward spiral sooner than this. Next year's Sheeranageddon will appear sweet relief in comparison to this year's hideousness.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

I've no issue with Adele playing, think she's a decent skin. Nodded enthusiastically to the comparison with Celine Dion elsewhere on eFests this morning. Justifying appearance at the top of the bill based on sales. Mhmm.

When Emily eventually books One Direction or the equiv in the future the people defending Dellser today need to STFU. They're the same. Music for people that don't like music. 

Muse Adele Coldplay is a grannysafe c**t's picnic in comparison to previous years. The worst headliners in the fest's recent history. I had expected the fest to pull out of the downward spiral sooner than this. Next year's Sheeranageddon will appear sweet relief in comparison to this year's hideousness.

I'd say your issue is caused by your own tastes.

If you didn't like mainstream bollocks you'd never have cared anyway, knowing that it's hugely unlikely that a headliner would appeal.

It's called 'growing up'. :P

I'll be nowhere near the Pyramid for the headliners, the fact Adele and Coldplay are the biggest acts in the world today doesn't automatically mean you have to like them. They're the biggest because they're bland and inoffensive and the general public lap that shit up.

I'm not a fan of Muse but I would stop short of slagging them off because I appreciate they're an excellent live act. Problem is either them OR Coldplay should have been booked, not both together. 

Is it a commercially strong booking for the festival and something they'll be absolutely chuffed about? Absolutely. However people shouldn't be chastised for criticising what they see as an insipid lineup at the top of the bill. 

Looking forward to the poster arrival as given who's in the mix this year I think it could be one of the strongest undercards in some time.