Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right but that's the nature of rumours I suppose. Adele talk ramped up when there were murmurs of an album coming out; I expect Rihanna to elevate to a seriously considered rumour when her album release date is announced and another single drops and when AC/DC announce their stadium tour people will start seriously talking about them again. Stuff like that. 

And Foos' plans also might not have changed, but with what has been said about them not touring then I would use that as an explanation for The Sun's earlier confirmation and the strong rumours on eFests not coming to fruition.

Yeah that's true, it makes sense but doesn't necessarily the likely of some acts compared to others.

It would make sense when it came out that's why and circumstances for bands obviously chance. I'm just hoping for selfish reasons they do play as that would mean they'd make the trip to Werchter.  

Neil apaz had word from some sauce or other that that Foos were in the frame but it wasnt concrete by any stretch. That would amount to a SR. 

Way i see it:

R - Jonnys mate from the pub said his mates Mrs works with this guy Alan who was told by Dave that >insert artist here< is playing.

SR - Someone who has been known to give solid info in the past has indicated something. Seems to make sense but far from verbatim.

TBC - All but confirmed with a nice juicy bit of info from a nice juice sauce... Well. It was before the coldplaycident last year. That was pretty much a one off... i hope

Sounds about right but more often than not SR are usually pretty spot on when it comes to eFestivals.

Internet rumours are suggesting that Coldplay could be releasing this as the first single from the new album:

https://youtu.be/JDEe8q9rnQ8

I don't understand why they've suddenly started prioritising funeral ballads? What's happened to the upbeat anthems like Every Teardrop, Viva La Vida and Charlie Brown?

Also, surely he should have the common sense to write songs in a lower register now his voice is struggling?

Silly Coldplay.

Would still be down the front though :ph34r:

Nope but what with the rumours from the scum paper, plus returning headliners etc....  

Not sure how you dismiss that btw when you then that that you think it's FM!

I didn't dismiss it did I?, I merely questioned it being set in stone because they were releasing an album in December. We already knew the album was coming out soon enough.

I don't understand why they've suddenly started prioritising funeral ballads? What's happened to the upbeat anthems like Every Teardrop, Viva La Vida and Charlie Brown?

Also, surely he should have the common sense to write songs in a lower register now his voice is struggling?

Silly Coldplay.

Would still be down the front though :ph34r:

I thought that to. I also don't understand why I can bloody post videos?! What is wrong with me!

I do like Coldplay - didn't mind Ghost Stories either 
-_-

Haven't been keeping up with this thread lately. Has anything changed in the last 2 weeks where anyone looks more/less likely?

Adele said she wouldn't do it and the bookies imediately shortened her odds, also ruled out Foos, Sabbath, Oasis, Sheeran, Floyd and The Gap Band. 

Adele said she wouldn't do it and the bookies imediately shortened her odds, also ruled out Foos, Sabbath, Oasis, Sheeran, Floyd and The Gap Band. 

Plus Maiden and Rammstein, if anyone did think that way.

Also I would say the Tinderbox Festival promoter saying Radiohead and Depeche Mode aren't touring is enough to rule them out. However I realise people don't just give up on a Radiohead rumour. :P

Plus Maiden and Rammstein, if anyone did think that way.

Also I would say the Tinderbox Festival promoter saying Radiohead and Depeche Mode aren't touring is enough to rule them out. However I realise people don't just give up on a Radiohead rumour. :P

A fake Werchter poster is stronger info than what Mr Tinderbox says. Radiohead is happening.

Adele said she wouldn't do it

oh no she dint - she actually said, "I don’t know if I could do it. I went this year to watch Kanye and I literally just crapped my pants on the size of the audience. It was pretty insane"

Edited by 5co77ie