Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally think its more likely for the Mac, Coldplay and Foos to do this year. Then Radiohead, Adele and someone else doing the following year.

I was going to suggest this, I wasn't sure about Coldplay a while back but I wouldn't argue against them atm. If you're thinking of the next one's, I'd stick Ed Sheeran firmly at the top

...This seems odd. AC isn't a dumb guy, how could he possibly have been that mistaken?

Yes he is, denied a lineup poster was real that KISS had uploaded when not long after he just uploaded it himself. He would of known what he was saying, more than likely pissed off he couldn't get Foo's and decided to play a game for a day.

What an overrated mundane night of shitty entertainement that'd be. And the price tag would be horrendous.

With regards to the Mac. Mick Fleetwood is a joke with his meet and greet. $750 is very unhealthy, for the fan from a financial point of view, and from also from a self actualisation point of view it's rediculous and goes against the values of Glastonbury Festival.

To be fair, if I could charge other humans $750 for a quick "Hi" and photo I would, I'd even be tempted to throw in some extra conversation for free.

most acts that cancel festivals don't bother returning, they just write it off.

can't see Foo Fighters lugging all their gear and crew here for a once-off. just do it in 2017 with some other gigs.

Nah if any act felt like they had to comeback to fulfill obligations it would be Dave/the Foo's, regardless of what else they might or might not be doing.

Depeche Mode will be back around in 2017

I do actually think this will happen. They apparently pulled the plug on loads of festival slots in 2014 (including South American Lollapaloozas and Coachella) because they didn't want to carry on touring for that long, and were an early name for Glastonbury which didn't come to fruition. Whether they were actually ever in contention or pulled out is up for debate but I think it's the latter and that they'd seek to agree terms again for the next tour.

I do actually think this will happen. They apparently pulled the plug on loads of festival slots in 2014 (including South American Lollapaloozas and Coachella) because they didn't want to carry on touring for that long, and were an early name for Glastonbury which didn't come to fruition. Whether they were actually ever in contention or pulled out is up for debate but I think it's the latter and that they'd seek to agree terms again for the next tour.

I still can't believe they said no when they were offered it.

I could see Depeche Mode happening. Don't think there's any other festival bar IOW that would book them (although I'm sure John Giddings said they're one of his dream headliners so I suppose it's possible he could try and get them) and as dentalplan says it seems like they pulled out of negotiations for a load of festivals in 2014. Have they ever played a festival in the UK?

Depeche Mode, Radiohead and Ed Sheeran would be a decent set of headliners for 2017.

Edited by kingcrawler