The Who

budvar

BST was never touted as being the last Who gig in the UK. Stop being dramatic.

http://thewho.com/hits-hyde-park-2/suggests (althought not conclusively) otherwise:

"Hyde Park will be the final UK show of THE WHO HITS FIFTY! tour which ROGER DALTREY described as, 'This is the beginning of the long goodbye.'

Friday 26 June will see THE WHO play Hyde Park for the fourth and possibly final time"

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://thewho.com/hits-hyde-park-2/suggests (althought not conclusively) otherwise:

"Hyde Park will be the final UK show of THE WHO HITS FIFTY! tour which ROGER DALTREY described as, 'This is the beginning of the long goodbye.'

Friday 26 June will see THE WHO play Hyde Park for the fourth and possibly final time"

last date of the current tour, not all time. if it was the last ever they'd say that, i'd have thought.

Status Quo have been on a 30 year long goodbye.

last date of the current tour, not all time. if it was the last ever they'd say that, i'd have thought.

Status Quo have been on a 30 year long goodbye.

There are rumours it'll be their last tour, but as you say, they could string out this last tour for decades, fair enough.

The only way they'll redeem themselves in front of their fans is if the Paris gig really was a red herring and nobody's actually been ever able to buy tickets for it. Have we heard at all of anyone who's actually got a ticket for the June 28th gig?

2007 took stuff back to car with a mind to walk back and watch them. Started pissing down, saw state of car parks and thought nooo way out later on when people start leaving proper, so got in and drove away. Think I'll be as eager to see them this time, thought they were past it in the 80s!

Edited by whisty

...can we nip the "how can they do that to their fans" lark in the bud?

They can do whatever they want and I'll take a stab in the dark and guess that the folks saying it probably aren't fans.

OK So you pay for a flight to paris and hotel to see your favourite band on thru last tour. Then you find out the band were intending to cancel 28 days before the gig.

How would you feel?

...can we nip the "how can they do that to their fans" lark in the bud?

They can do whatever they want and I'll take a stab in the dark and guess that the folks saying it probably aren't fans.

Errr.... What?

Yeah, sorry if i'm a loyal Who fan, and i've booked a hotel and flights to stay in Paris to watch the Who, but now i can't cause they've cancelled to play Glastonbury.

They can do what they want, but it's not very professional, nor is it fair on fans who actually have paid the money to see them. Whilst I love Glastonbury, it's not everyones holy grail, and i for one would be pissed off if someone like the Stones done that to me, and i'm left screwed.