The Who

budvar

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK So you pay for a flight to paris and hotel to see your favourite band on thru last tour. Then you find out the band were intending to cancel 28 days before the gig.

How would you feel?

Oh I'd be pissed if that was me ... but really, do you know anyone who this has happend to? Can you find anyone online in the forums? I would imagine it's only a small handful of people.

I'm sure they'd be comforted by how many people were pissed on their behalf though.

tbh at first I thought that The Sun's article would be wrong because of the Paris gig on that day, but then I realised that it makes more sense that The Who are headlining purely because of that Paris gig.

This is the only rumour that makes sense to be announced on the 1st of June, giving them time to sort out cancelling that gig, because if it were anyone else (Blur, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Oasis, Stone Roses etc.) it would have been announced by now

http://thewho.com/hits-hyde-park-2/suggests (althought not conclusively) otherwise:

"Hyde Park will be the final UK show of THE WHO HITS FIFTY! tour which ROGER DALTREY described as, 'This is the beginning of the long goodbye.'

Friday 26 June will see THE WHO play Hyde Park for the fourth and possibly final time"

I smell a Metallica type get out. The Glastonbury gig will not be part of the 'The Who hits Fifty' tour, like Metallica's gig wasn't part of the 'By Request' tour that Sonisphere had the exclusive for,

Oh I'd be pissed if that was me ... but really, do you know anyone who this has happend to? Can you find anyone online in the forums? I would imagine it's only a small handful of people.

I'm sure they'd be comforted by how many people were pissed on their behalf though.

There's a quote on the Headliners thread from a Who forum. Non refundable train and hotel bookings.

c**t's trick.

http://thewho.com/hits-hyde-park-2/suggests (althought not conclusively) otherwise:

"Hyde Park will be the final UK show of THE WHO HITS FIFTY! tour which ROGER DALTREY described as, 'This is the beginning of the long goodbye.'

Friday 26 June will see THE WHO play Hyde Park for the fourth and possibly final time"

It's clear you can read and write, but obviously you're not processing the words in your head.

still find it hard to believe a band would do this and why?

money?

a favour to eavis?

in my opinion they are one of the bands that fit in the category of playing glasto lust once and thats it bit like the stones or macca for eg, do a great set that will be remembered.

6000 fans gonna be mightily pissed off in paris and 135000 glasto goers even more pissed off ,what an anti climax if true.

Or if you'd been one of the fools who'd thrown your ticket back in because of the Kanye booking to find that one of the best bands of all time had been booked. Ouch!

This coupled with your love/want for Swift to headline, leaves me thinking

that you seriously need professional help

I do, so suck it ;)

Ahh ok. I don't tend to associate with Frank Turner fans y'see ;)

Them cancelling their gig to play a different one is bad enough, but the bit that is really c**tish is that they've known this for ages but aren't letting the fans know because they want to sell more tickets for BST.

Edited by Bradders

Them cancelling their gig to play a different one is bad enough, but the bit that is really c**tish is that they've known this for ages but aren't letting the fans know because they want to sell more tickets for BST.

Sounds to me like absolutely atrocious planning, and them looking at how successful the Stones headlining was, and what it done to their profile (sales etc...), i mean, what is playing to 6,000 loyal fans when you could play to millions worldwide?

Greedy and selfish comes to mind!

Ahh ok. I don't tend to associate with Frank Turner fans y'see ;)

I'm changing my username, haha.

It is poor by themselves and even Glastonbury to an extent, but I'm selfishly over the (Keith) moon as I really want to see these without enduring hyde park or paying extortionate ticket prices.

I think this is the interview you're on about

Yup :)

I smell a Metallica type get out. The Glastonbury gig will not be part of the 'The Who hits Fifty' tour, like Metallica's gig wasn't part of the 'By Request' tour that Sonisphere had the exclusive for,

This is exactly what I said as well, they don't have to use the term of that tour for it and that leaves an easy way to play and claim it was nothing to do with that tour. I'm more interested in this as I haven't seen them. FM was the one I wanted but if so then Noel is pretty much you're sub, with him coming out to play with Roger possibly.

Edited by thewayiam

Not sure if this has been previously mentioned, but this would link in with the Pyramid area being expanded for this year (like they did for the Stones). Would surely draw a huge crowd, especially as it's their farewell tour.

Edited by stewieee

Not sure if this has been previously mentioned, but this would link in with the Pyramid area being expanded for this year (like they did for the Stones). Would surely draw a huge crowd, especially as it's their farewell tour.

Nah. Turnoff for loadsa people.