Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True....although the memories still linger...grim.

Just remember it rained a bit every year other than 2010 going back all the way to the double-whammy of 97/98. Since then one flood that didn't ruin the festival and one mudbath year. The chances are faaaaaaaar better than folk seem to be imagining.

This is the point of this thread isn't it? Bit more realism not NFRNFC. We can face the fear and laugh

Just remember it rained a bit every year other than 2010 going back all the way to the double-whammy of 97/98. Since then one flood that didn't ruin the festival and one mudbath year. The chances are faaaaaaaar better than folk seem to be imagining.

This is the point of this thread isn't it? Bit more realism not NFRNFC. We can face the fear and laugh

I think the beautiful weather the past few weeks just makes it a bit more frustrating that it's going to cool down and be a bit rainy. Usually I wouldn't be too bothered about that kind of forecast, but it's the feeling of "so close, yet so far"

hey old son we can face the fear and we can laugh we just want to do it in sunshine lol

If it's gonna rain, I think I'd rather it rain at the weekend. I like to have my Wednesday and Thursday dry to sit around at various locations on site getting drunk. At the weekend I am standing up the whole time watching bands anyway.

If it's gonna rain, I think I'd rather it rain at the weekend. I like to have my Wednesday and Thursday dry to sit around at various locations on site getting drunk. At the weekend I am standing up the whole time watching bands anyway.

Very true. And of course, the later it rains, the less time we have to put up with mud.

True dat.

Some forecasts are actually starting to predict it will get hotter over the weekend itself, netweather for example predicting it will rise from low 20s to 25-28 degrees... shows its too far away to properly predict I think.

True dat.

Some forecasts are actually starting to predict it will get hotter over the weekend itself, netweather for example predicting it will rise from low 20s to 25-28 degrees... shows its too far away to properly predict I think.

Nope it shows that cloud cover increases temperatures.

Talk about missing the point. Nobody is planning to go, they are taking the piss. jaysis. :D

Not sure how you think, they are 'taking the piss'. The suggestion was posted in all seriousness.

But I was definitely taking the piss out anyone who consider wasting their valuable glastonbury time charging up a phone.

Morning.

I now have a full picture of the weekend. Bear in mind this is still early doors. There is now a risk over the whole weekend of some rain. Ranging from 0.02inch Saturday morning then improving , to 0.14inch on Friday with risk through day,which is a turnaround. There seems to be a area of low pressure hanging around to south , which may have affected forecast.

The positives are that Tuesday to Thursday looks really good still

Although chance rain on weekend , it looks to be cloud cover rather than full dark skies , and some wind. Therefore any potential for prolonged light rain, and mud because of footfall, there should be a quick recovery as sun plus wind will dry it up.

Temperatures ain't that bad either

It generally increases temperature at night, not so much during the day (excluding winter of course)

Sure, but 28 degrees on the Sunday? I'm no expert but surely temperature wouldn't normally rise that much?

Sorry mark my comment didn't read post properly (end of a long day). In certain conditions it is possible but 28 seems not to fit with what's being forecast ATM.

Morning.

I now have a full picture of the weekend. Bear in mind this is still early doors. There is now a risk over the whole weekend of some rain. Ranging from 0.02inch Saturday morning then improving , to 0.14inch on Friday with risk through day,which is a turnaround. There seems to be a area of low pressure hanging around to south , which may have affected forecast.

The positives are that Tuesday to Thursday looks really good still

Although chance rain on weekend , it looks to be cloud cover rather than full dark skies , and some wind. Therefore any potential for prolonged light rain, and mud because of footfall, there should be a quick recovery as sun plus wind will dry it up.

Temperatures ain't that bad either

I'll take that