The National

Zoo Music Girl

7 hours ago, e2p2 said:

So based on the album tracklist and the lyrics of the new songs on Youtube (live and early versions) we can assume that:

Roman Candle / Checking Out turned into Walk It Back:

The Lights turned into I’ll Still Destroy You:

Obviously Turtleneck remain:

and The Day I Die stay as is too:

I'm still struggling to match Find A Way/Iris  and Keep You.

Thanks for posting - had a listen and though the quality is bad it definitely sounds like it'll be a good record. The Day I Die in particular. Although did you mean to post it twice?

26 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks for posting - had a listen and though the quality is bad it definitely sounds like it'll be a good record. The Day I Die in particular. Although did you mean to post it twice?

Oops.. There was a problem embedding the videos in the morning, maybe I got confused in the process. And yeah, poor quality but its nice to get familiar with the songs. 

This one I think turned to be I'll Still Destroy You:

9 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Oops.. There was a problem embedding the videos in the morning, maybe I got confused in the process. And yeah, poor quality but its nice to get familiar with the songs. 

This one I think turned to be I'll Still Destroy You:

Cheers! Really like that one too :)

10 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

It's one of these ones where they say you need to preorder it then straight underneath it says you don't so mailing list should be sufficient. 

Edit: first presale seems to be a songkick one, think this is the sign-up link https://thenational.songkick.com/?from=splash&utm_source=songkick&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=e29957419

Sweet! Have you had anything through yet about it? Can't believe how excited I am for this tour and album from being completely indifferent to them a month ago. 

The new tune sounds like it could have been on High Violet.

20 minutes ago, Jobseeker said:

Sweet! Have you had anything through yet about it? Can't believe how excited I am for this tour and album from being completely indifferent to them a month ago. 

The new tune sounds like it could have been on High Violet.

I got a email about the dates from Songkick earlier but I think that was just a generic one since I'm already on their mailing list, doubt they've sent anything out yet. 

The new song is so good though, really excited about this album.

6 hours ago, Diva Sam said:

Can we all agree that the new single follows directly from the High Violet times?

To me it sounds like Trouble Will Find Me vocals over the top of El Vy with a slight Alligator influence.

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oh and I really enjoyed Alligator. At present it's:

Boxer

Alligator

Trouble Will Find Me

Correct! :D

I can't possibly buy tickets right now. :( Shame cos the Usher Hall was great last time. I'll have to hope to pick something up for face value closer to the time. Or lurk on the day for a last minute spare.