Glasto is great and I've paid my balance!

kalifire

41 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Reading a few of the replies to Emily’s post, it’s a bit sad to see some folk would rather cast doubt on the actual organiser of the festival telling the truth, than feel that their perception of the line up announcement is being challenged.

We live in an age where people think an opinion has more weight than fact, so it’s not surprising. 

FWIW I don’t see the reason for her to lie. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

We live in an age where people think an opinion has more weight than fact, so it’s not surprising. 

FWIW I don’t see the reason for her to lie. 

This!

Also

I think that the line up moaners shout loudly and it makes them seem more numerous than they are. 

I’ve said it before and I will say it again. 

The music is secondary at Glastonbury. Yes I bitch about the headliners nearly every year but that’s because I’m stuck in a 90’s world of rave, dance and holidays to Ibiza and I will never get what I want at Glastonbury ever again. 

But is that gone stop me and my mates (some of which now bring kids with them) going to the best party in the world? 

IS IT f**k 🕺🕺🕺

Edited by Franky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not accusing her of lying, but I am surprised. Coupled with the 'in the bones' vibe that a wet one's a-coming.

SZA's a bigger draw than everyone thought...

Sza is arguably the biggest headliner

1 hour ago, ModernMan said:

Was thinking that over the weekend, feels like it might be a wet one this year for sure. WHEN WILL IT STOP RAINING!

High pressure taking over next week. I've already been on netweather forums! Also read elsewhere that it's gonna be another record breaking hot summer ☀️ 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

This!

Also

I think that the line up moaners shout loudly and it makes them seem more numerous than they are. 

This is the case with everything. The complainers shout the loudest.

It also still somehow seems to be the case, in the year 2024, that some people out there are surprised that their own subjective opinion is not automatically shared by others.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

This is the case with everything. The complainers shout the loudest.

It also still somehow seems to be the case, in the year 2024, that some people out there are surprised that their own subjective opinion is not automatically shared by others.

Like when the Farage et al call themselves the silenced majority.... unaware that both words are wrong.

25 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

Sza is arguably the biggest headliner

By the only metric that matters in this context - the number of people they can attract to the field - I'd put substantial money down that she's not.

People can bitch and moan that Coldplay are there again all they want. But they'll still get by miles the biggest headliner crowd of the weekend, and put in a performance that the people there love (and that's coming from someone who'll probably be elsewhere).

1 hour ago, incident said:

By the only metric that matters in this context - the number of people they can attract to the field - I'd put substantial money down that she's not.

People can bitch and moan that Coldplay are there again all they want. But they'll still get by miles the biggest headliner crowd of the weekend, and put in a performance that the people there love (and that's coming from someone who'll probably be elsewhere).

They’ve been filling stadiums consistently around the world for 15 years now. They’re among the biggest of the big by that metric. 

3 hours ago, incident said:

What bugs me a bit about SZA's social media team, is they haven't made much of a deal about it - maybe that's the modern way. Plus American, so probably don't "get it" as it were.

3 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

High pressure taking over next week. I've already been on netweather forums! Also read elsewhere that it's gonna be another record breaking hot summer ☀️ 

I choose to believe this report.

I can’t see too many people putting their tickets back but equally the Eavii have a history of being a tad ‘economical’ with the truth, especially when it comes to good news stories and highlighting successes!

17 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I can’t see too many people putting their tickets back but equally the Eavii have a history of being a tad ‘economical’ with the truth, especially when it comes to good news stories and highlighting successes!

Do they? 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Do they? 

Not really.

Unless you count Michaels traditional "best festival ever" statement that he used to make every year, but I'd just call that hyperbole rather than anything more.

• Like 1

Not really.

Unless you count Michaels traditional "best festival ever" statement that he used to make every year, but I'd just call that hyperbole rather than anything more.

Yeah, he’s never gonna say ‘well, it was a bit sh*t this year but we keep rolling’ 

I can’t recall any actual lying! 

Not really.

Helicopters controlling the weather is one I always remember from the early 2000s (maybe when Macca played?), the biggest headliners ever  being booked for two years’ time etc although contracts etc are difficult!