Acts missing from first poster

Crazyfool01

On 3/15/2024 at 2:47 PM, Nobody Interesting said:

I think the last time the 'first' poster had stage splits was 2013.

I can't remember for sure, but didn't the 'first poster' (in the format we know it as now) only become a thing from 2014 onwards? Also that 2013 poster was pretty much a full lineup for all the main stages? 

12 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

I can't remember for sure, but didn't the 'first poster' (in the format we know it as now) only become a thing from 2014 onwards? Also that 2013 poster was pretty much a full lineup for all the main stages? 

Earlier ones were for sure. I’ve got a framed 2009 poster from my first Glasto and it’s pretty much the full lineup.

I was convinced Ty Segall would be there due to the London date of his tour - didnt realise he already has other dates every day of the fesitval - including Bristol on the sunday. Perhaps an early slot that day on Park/Woodsies?

Probably posting this in the wrong thread. 

but a friend just saw vampire weekend post a pic of the other stage. And then 2 mins later it was deleted and they announced radio 1 big weekend. 

anyone actually catch the post? 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Carpyrob said:

Probably posting this in the wrong thread. 

but a friend just saw vampire weekend post a pic of the other stage. And then 2 mins later it was deleted and they announced radio 1 big weekend. 

anyone actually catch the post? 

Didnt see it. Them being in the UK end of May only lends to the  chances they could be a TBA for Glasto. Its common knowledge Ezra is a massive fan of the festival and he visits even when not playing 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Probably been mentioned on this thread, but SURELY we aren’t gonna miss out on Stevie Nicks? 

Looking at the cost of her tickets there could be a reason we'll miss out on her.

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Looking at the cost of her tickets there could be a reason we'll miss out on her.

Yeah but that could be said for loads of people over the years. Elton and Macca recent examples. Just can’t believe when she’s so active, and in the uk the week after Glastonbury, that they wouldn’t have booked her. Would be a great booking obviously!

8 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Yeah but that could be said for loads of people over the years. Elton and Macca recent examples. Just can’t believe when she’s so active, and in the uk the week after Glastonbury, that they wouldn’t have booked her. Would be a great booking obviously!

That's the problem the costs have shot up and some are willing to reduce costs for Glastonbury but not all. Fleetwood Mac one of the acts that notoriously were never willing to compromise their pay day.

20 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Both played it as a last blast - with EE eventually convincing Elton to play and Macca deciding to come back

Stevie Nicks is a few years off doing that

On 3/14/2024 at 11:34 AM, glimmers_of_hope said:

Nadine Shah & Beth Gibbons would be the 2 I would have bet money on being there.

I asked Nadine at a recent gig whether she was at Glastonbury. Said they where still sorting out what stage but she expected to play.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Paranoid London/Marc Ribbilet/Flying Mohito Brothers (of course may all be added - preferably on Sat evening)

Yousef Dayes and Michael Rother (think its wild theyve not booked either)

Ohsees/Underworld/Smile/Patti/Weller/Khruangbin (would have hugely improved mid-card and could have headlined Woodsies/Park)

Anything from the Cross The Tracks or Wide Awake line ups (where i've not spotted an overlap apologies but was so keen to see Neal Francis this year on the farm)

Truthfully tho, can't get my head round Springsteen not playing, given his proximity that weekend and his presence in 2022.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Boss clearly wants paid this time around.

Whilst he did it for Macca as well I suspect he's one of those who prefers his own fans who'll be excited by him playing an obscure album track than banging out the hits for some casuals as well.

Just now, gigpusher said:

Whilst he did it for Macca as well I suspect he's one of those who prefers his own fans who'll be excited by him playing an obscure album track than banging out the hits for some casuals as well.

I think he showed up for Macca cos it was Macca.

Can't be arsed bumping the Springsteen thread but that's the tour started up again and....well....d@b down Boss old son.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think he showed up for Macca cos it was Macca.

Can't be arsed bumping the Springsteen thread but that's the tour started up again and....well....d@b down Boss old son.

Exactly based on people's review of his last headliner set I'm not sure he got the memo at the time and some just don't like playing to a not already adoring crowd. He seems an artist who considers it a treat to play the obscure song rather than the hits.

51 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Paranoid London/Marc Ribbilet/Flying Mohito Brothers (of course may all be added - preferably on Sat evening)

Yousef Dayes and Michael Rother (think its wild theyve not booked either)

Ohsees/Underworld/Smile/Patti/Weller/Khruangbin (would have hugely improved mid-card and could have headlined Woodsies/Park)

Anything from the Cross The Tracks or Wide Awake line ups (where i've not spotted an overlap apologies but was so keen to see Neal Francis this year on the farm)

Truthfully tho, can't get my head round Springsteen not playing, given his proximity that weekend and his presence in 2022.

Still a chance Underworld could play..?