Emily Eavis talk in Oxford

gooner1990

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

See when she mentioned the 2 female headliners. Did she allude to the fact she'd already mentioned that was their plan back on the podcast a few months ago? 

Yeah she did. Something along the lines of ‘I talked about us having two female headliners… and we still have two female headliners’.

1 minute ago, MichaelsBeard said:

For the life of me I can’t see it being the proposed 3… could well be wrong and probably are. Is there a final BST show to be added or is that it now? If so, is SZA also a BST replacement for Madonna / Stevie? 

SZA was always lined up for BST - it remains to be seen if they’re gonna fill the Madonna/Stevie slot at all or just not have a show that day. 

10 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

In trouble with her husband was the full quote! She said he told her not to give too much away. 

Nothing like an international woman’s day talk, having to watchh he what you say because of a man. 

• Like 1

Thank you both for your service! 

Likely just semantics but noticed one of you said ‘line up next week’ and one said ‘full line up next week’ - does ‘full’ just mean the first poster drop as opposed to us just getting a single name? I am assuming it doesn’t mean the whole shebang? 

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

See when she mentioned the 2 female headliners. Did she allude to the fact she'd already mentioned that was their plan back on the podcast a few months ago? 

Nope.

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

SZA was always lined up for BST - it remains to be seen if they’re gonna fill the Madonna/Stevie slot at all or just not have a show that day. 

Or Madonna is a guaranteed instant sell-out so they have no reason to worry holding off announcing it if it's what her camp (or others) want...

Just now, king_oxymoron said:

Thank you both for your service! 

Likely just semantics but noticed one of you said ‘line up next week’ and one said ‘full line up next week’ - does ‘full’ just mean the first poster drop as opposed to us just getting a single name? I am assuming it doesn’t mean the whole shebang? 

99.9 sure she just said 'line up' 

I took that as initial poster drop with the big names then the full thing will follow in May or whenever it usually arrives.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

We should buy @gooner1990 and @Harmonic Prospector drinks at the eFest meet! Ace reporters. 

I'm sadly not there this year. However, I was merely riding on the coat tails of @gooner1990who was in the eye of the storm updating the thread whilst maintaining eye contact with Emily only 5ft away whilst I was in the cheap seats at the back. I know who deserves the beer more! 

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I took that as initial poster drop with the big names then the full thing will follow in May or whenever it usually arrives.

Line up next week would be great! Doubt they’d have all stage timings etc yet but first poster would be brilliant.

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeah, I took it as initial poster, then the full lineup after balance deadline as per usual. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, gooner1990 said:

image.png.3db16cba6e33fec17e46e78f9062ab89.png

@Harmonic Prospector Not sure I heard that?  - Did you?

She responded to a specific question of "Do you see a time where there will be 3 female headliners at Glastonbury?"

And she said something along the lines of "I hope so, but the pool of female artists who could headline right now is limited and more work needs to be done in the industry to support female artists on their journey to that status" 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Harmonic Prospector said:

She responded to a specific question of "Do you see a time where there will be 3 female headliners at Glastonbury?"

And she said something along the lines of "I hope so, but the pool of female artists who could headline right now is limited and more work needs to be done in the industry to support female artists on their journey to that status" 

Yep, but didn't say 2025 or 2026!

Thanks for the updates re: lineup news (genuinely exciting!), and sorry to be 'that gal' but... presumably most of the discussion was about women in music, anything interesting that was said about this, not relating to lineup? Would have loved to have gone.

1 minute ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

Thanks. Hopefully we don't have a year of "Emily said there'll be 3 female headliners next year" posts on here.....

39 minutes ago, tagblu-me said:

Surely we're including SZA in the running? Or is the point that she shouldn't be...

sorry this was meant to be a list regarding future headliners regarding the "3 women to headline 25/26"

28 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

In trouble with her husband was the full quote! She said he told her not to give too much away. 

I'm sure it was just a light hearted joke, but 'get in trouble with my husband' doesn't give powerful woman in the music industry vibes really!