Emily Eavis talk in Oxford

gooner1990

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I can’t imagine she’d share anything to do with this year’s festival to be honest. It would be a bit disrespectful to the rest of the panel given they’re all there to talk about something else. 

If the rest of the panel had any respect for themselves they'd be asking Emily as well😅

5 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I think turning an important panel event into a big news story wouldn't be the best look unless something has been agreed beforehand.

I broadly, but there's degrees before it becomes a big news story.

Announcing "All 3 headliners are female - O-Rod, Dua Lipa, and SZA". Would be far too much.

Saying "we've got strong female representation this year", and illustrating it with a handful of names (maybe one significant and a couple mid-tier) really wouldn't.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

I broadly, but there's degrees before it becomes a big news story.

Announcing "All 3 headliners are female - O-Rod, Dua Lipa, and SZA". Would be far too much.

Saying "we've got strong female representation this year", and illustrating it with a handful of names (maybe one significant and a couple mid-tier) really wouldn't.

Yeah that's probably fair

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

My main concerns are.

1. Phone signal: The Sheldonian Theatre is over 500 years old.

2. Even if I have signal, being told to turn phones off completely. 

Will obviously try my very best, I'm going to it basically to hear Emily and if Q&A happens ask her about the line up, although I'm sure it will crop up anyway before that........

c'mon, you can do it, i used to do reports by phone from glasto licence hearings.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Some of your finest work on 'ere m'lud.

Thanks was part of what established efestivals 

2 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Fair point 😂 OK phrase the question better than that. 

Try to avoid questions that have an easy answer. You want her to give details when answering questions. Which is about how the question is asked.

Emily has just finished reading all of your proposed questions and says thanks for the heads up! 🙂 

6 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Just make sure you have a pen and paper for the section where she reads out every name on the poster.

And when she shows you a picture of the lineup poster on her phone make sure you get a photo!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, incident said:

Announcing "All 3 headliners are female - O-Rod, Dua Lipa, and SZA". Would be far too much

I can't herlp thinking every time I see reference to O-Rod here that we are talking about a firm of 24 hour drainage unblockers

1 hour ago, mouserat said:

And when she shows you a picture of the lineup poster on her phone make sure you get a photo!

Hang on, those variations of that picture we've seen a dozen times were real? 🤔