Arcade Fire

O'Doyle Rules

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I was a little surprised they didn't do any last year but that one wasn't as befuddling because it wasn't the first time an act did mainland Europe without visiting the UK. Another such trip, however, would raise more questions if UK gig bookers now looked at them as persona non grata.

Let’s wait and see, shall we?

10 minutes ago, st dan said:

I’d say the terrible allegations may be playing a part in this, but I think more-so is the lack of new material.

If they had a new album confirmed for this year, then I’m sure they’d still be in the mix with the bookers.  

Loads of Uk festivals don’t give a flying f**k about whether a band has new material or not

4 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Pretty sure AF have been doing festivals for a while though right?

—-

Has glastonbury booked a seriously questionable booking in recent years? Perhaps Kanye but maybe that was before the more sinister stuff?

Only in countries with much more questionable attitudes to women’s rights.

and they booked Kanye before any of the awful sh*t happened

Gad it's nonsense. 

If they do a secret set, it would have to be very well kept, given it would be an embarrassment to the festival. 

Recent UK articles about AF often refer to the allegations, so very much not blown over. 

15 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Just wishful thinking and more pot stirring given I am struggling with 0 lineup news 😄 Having listened to it yesterday then saw the Irish gigs announced, felt like a "ahhh this is a perfect glasto secret set booking".

Agree, though unfortunately - think the festival would probably stay well clear. No need to bring unnecessary negative press on itself when you have many bands able to do it.

If they do though, call me the oracle.

Has glastonbury booked a seriously questionable booking in recent years? Perhaps Kanye but maybe that was before the more sinister stuff?

Kanye's 2015 headline set was while he still had a reputation as being an arse but not the reputation he now has of being a total dickhead.

I imagine they will book something in the UK for Arcade Fire, not least as Funeral is still a well-liked piece of work, and yeah they did a few festivals last year in Spain, Portugal and Mexico, and are booked to do NOS Alive in Lisbon this summer (plus others? I'm not 100% sure). However, I'm not so sure that something will be Glastonbury. Finsbury Park maybe?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Just wishful thinking and more pot stirring given I am struggling with 0 lineup news 😄 Having listened to it yesterday then saw the Irish gigs announced, felt like a "ahhh this is a perfect glasto secret set booking".

Agree, though unfortunately - think the festival would probably stay well clear. No need to bring unnecessary negative press on itself when you have many bands able to do it.

If they do though, call me the oracle.

Man needs to use a question mark or something.