UK Politics

kalifire

12 hours ago, Neil said:

i'm not suggesting its perfect, but its a good deal.

It really isn't.

13 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

WTF

Is this the level the election is going to be run at.

Pathetic and vile and shame on any other parties that join in this race to the gutter.

It's going to be just like an American election, just a shittier, cut price version

11 hours ago, fred quimby said:

What the hell was the comment  -Lord Rees Mogg of Lawrence weston about 

Don't think it was Rees mogg he said on TV just Rees the name of the mayor.

By my reading the govts rwanda immigration policy will put the govt on the wrong side of the new extremist definition.opposition to the rule of law.

If govt won't be allowed to fund extremists will extremists still be able to fund the tory party? Will westminster still be able to fund Scotland?

The UK Definition of Extremism has altered and part now says an extremist is someone or group that wants to:
""undermine, overturn or replace the UK's system of liberal parliamentary democracy and democratic rights"."

The Conservative Party and the Reform party both want to quit the ECHR - something that gives us all democratic rights.
Does this make them both extremist groups?

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:
The UK Definition of Extremism has altered and part now says an extremist is someone or group that wants to:
""undermine, overturn or replace the UK's system of liberal parliamentary democracy and democratic rights"."

The Conservative Party and the Reform party both want to quit the ECHR - something that gives us all democratic rights.
Does this make them both extremist groups?

also something about the rule of law, the rule of law our govt doesn't accept for immigration issues.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

Being set up for a new life is much better than being dumped with nothing.

Being dumped in Rwanda with £3K isn’t exactly a ticket to a life of happiness is it? It won’t happen anyway, they are clutching at straws. Racist straws. 

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

It won’t happen anyway, they are clutching at straws. Racist straws. 

the offer might stay on the table i don't think many will take it, most refugeees that arrive in the uk are after a first world life, i reckon.

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

Being dumped in Rwanda with £3K isn’t exactly a ticket to a life of happiness is it?

its probably much better than what a refugee has fled from - which is the angle my comment was coming from.

Edited by Neil

4 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Ah makes sense, thanks

if i' didn't mis-hear rees-mogg, it makes sense, it was said at the end of a piece about mayor rees, so i might have presumed he said rees and not rees-mogg.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Neil said:

the offer might stay on the table i don't think many will take it, most refugeees that arrive in the uk are after a first world life, i reckon.

its probably much better than what a refugee has fled from - which is the angle my comment was coming from.

Kind of defeats the point of Rwanda being a deterrent...

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Kind of defeats the point of Rwanda being a deterrent...

a non first world country is a deterrent if they want a first world country.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

but now they would get a choice? Rwanda + 3k or this sh*t hole?

this shithole is where they've chosen to come to! the £3k thing would also be something they'd choose.

Edited by Neil