2024 New Music

Quark

On 3/1/2024 at 8:16 AM, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'll also give mannequin pussy  - I got heaven a listen as well. 

They just announced a gig at a venue in Milton Keynes that fits less than 300 people, and indeed one that is a venue I like and always think I should visit more often. They worth my time?

Edited by charlierc

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

They just announced a gig at a venue in Milton Keynes that fits less than 300 people, and indeed one that is a venue I like and always think I should visit more often. They worth my time?

I only have the new album one spin yesterday and I thought it was great and would be really good live so I reckon give it a listen. They are a bit punky but then also sort of rocky and a bit shoegaze in places so a real mix. 

On 3/2/2024 at 2:11 PM, wairey said:

Really enjoying the new Everything Everything album this morning 👌🏼

Yep that and Mannequin Pussy are the 2 that stood out to me from Friday’s releases on first listen. 

• Upvote 1

I see Kamasi Washington has announced his next album, Fearless Movement. It’s not impossible he could return to Glastonbury, his US tour finishes on the 16th June, but difficult to see where he may play as the West Holts line up seemingly known to us.

FE8725B2-E390-4506-AA6B-4BC72CAE2D73.jpeg

New Four Tet album is a wonder... Mostly slow, ambient journey beautifully constructed to build up to Three Drums. Meditative and left with me with shivers. 31 Bloom will be particularly good in a dark club room. 8/10 would listen again. 

Beautiful new one from Bristol based singer songwriter Pem.

Produced by Ali Chant (you name it, he has his name on it) on his label Fascination Street Records

FFO: KJP

On 3/15/2024 at 7:38 AM, Talcroft said:

New Four Tet album is a wonder... Mostly slow, ambient journey beautifully constructed to build up to Three Drums. Meditative and left with me with shivers. 31 Bloom will be particularly good in a dark club room. 8/10 would listen again. 

Got round to listening to this. Really like it

• Like 1