Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

24 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Car henge is going nowhere. They put down foundations for it last year, so i'd imagine its a permanent fixture.

Any news on the dragon fly replacing the spider at Arcadia yet? 👀

There’s a dragonfly somewhere already onsite isn’t there ? You happy these aren’t getting mixed up ? 

15 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Thought i'd heard/read somewhere the arcadia helicopter is being transformed into some sort of dragonfly and replacing the spider.

It’s definately being replaced , most likely by a sea king helicopter but not sure what form that might take as yet … it might be a grasshopper but I’ve vague memories of something like that already on site ? 

15 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s definately being replaced , most likely by a sea king helicopter but not sure what form that might take as yet … it might be a grasshopper but I’ve vague memories of something like that already on site ? 

Yes that’s the one, the sea king. It’s supposed to be a dragonfly or similar kind of bug. Obviously different from the existing bug that moves about site.

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

2013 there was one 

IMG_2508.png

Moving the SE Corner queue point into the Avalon Field would be one of the dumbest moves they could make..

The existing queue filters straight from Bellas Field into the fairly spacious (and, so far at least, underutilised) IICON field and has worked reasonably well for years.

Moving the queue into the Avalon Field would be f**king mental. Avalon itself can already get crowded at various times of day (including at headliner time) and their headliners finish 30 minutes later than on the other main stages. The only gate to the SE corner feeds directly into Block 9 which itself is more of a desirable destination and can get overcrowded especially with loads heading to NYC Downlow once main stage headliners have finished (and for 30 minutes, Avalon is still running).

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, incident said:

Moving the SE Corner queue point into the Avalon Field would be one of the dumbest moves they could make..

The existing queue filters straight from Bellas Field into the fairly spacious (and, so far at least, underutilised) IICON field and has worked reasonably well for years.

Moving the queue into the Avalon Field would be f**king mental. Avalon itself can already get crowded at various times of day (including at headliner time) and their headliners finish 30 minutes later than on the other main stages. The only gate to the SE corner feeds directly into Block 9 which itself is more of a desirable destination and can get overcrowded especially with loads heading to NYC Downlow once main stage headliners have finished (and for 30 minutes, Avalon is still running).

Agree with this. Seems crazy to me.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Spot on.

It’s really difficult to see how it would work. There’s not much space in the Avalon field anyway, can’t see how they can create more space than they already have for a queue.

And Avalon is like a little self-contained festival, now potentially messed up. 

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I have a feeling we might be waiting a while for that one this year. Seems like there might be a couple of significant changes/surprises

maybe we will get something and any changes will be done as updates though .... I heard yesterday that they change about 10 % of the site annually .... that doesn't seem too far off the mark to me 

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

maybe we will get something and any changes will be done as updates though .... I heard yesterday that they change about 10 % of the site annually .... that doesn't seem too far off the mark to me 

I still think sometime in May might be more realistic this year, given the possibility of changes at Arcadia, Genosys, Rabbit Hole and Avalon (that are either known or rumoured, so far). Seems like a bind to have to keep amending the map. Surely it's better to reveal a complete one when it's ready rather than rush one out with a load of question marks? 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I still think sometime in May might be more realistic this year, given the possibility of changes at Arcadia, Genosys, Rabbit Hole and Avalon (that are either known or rumoured, so far). Seems like a bind to have to keep amending the map. Surely it's better to reveal a complete one when it's ready rather than rush one out with a load of question marks? 

Yeah true although the release of some of the crew maps that I think happens a bit earlier might well change that as it’ll likely get a bit leaky once the stewards see it 

Edited by Crazyfool01

15 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

I want to see if I can camp in Rivermead, I’m hoping last years change to crew camping has changed back again. 

Confirming what @upstream says - it hasn't. 

However, one section of Rivermead (eastern side) was used for general camping last year, so that might still be the case this year?

Am not convinced the queuing/crowd management process for SEC will move into that area in Avalon, only my opinion and have no insider information.

Would be very surprised if that happened.

Edited by Paul ™

I can’t see from last year’s map how using space in Avalon for the SE corner will work. IMG_3668.thumb.png.68cea2a64edb006e0154d430f07e2231.pngThere is far less space there than in Cabaret. The only reason might be to make it one way all day and use Avalon for daytime access. Maybe it means secret sets in the SE corner as it would be easy to shut off for crowd control