Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, robahht said:

This probably gets asked a lot, but where can I find the map that this screenshot is from? 

Thanks!

https://storage.googleapis.com/p-oaf-ibe-back-00e-strapi-uploads/.ImageGallery/2023/Pléiades Neo - Glastonbury festival.jpg?fbclid=IwAR1Mr-JUooclt-p43B8oBkAWFL87vg46Rc8QkPeqKsFayNlC4Ae_e9NKOvY

Maybe this but not sure

6 minutes ago, robahht said:

This probably gets asked a lot, but where can I find the map that this screenshot is from? 

Thanks!

I think the original is buried somewhere on this forum (or posted by @gazzaredabove 😁), but Glastopedia has run with it and added loads of locations.

https://www.glastopedia.com/festivals/2023/satellite

Edited by Gnomicide
Gazzared's link

20 minutes ago, gazzared said:

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think the original is buried somewhere on this forum (or posted by @gazzaredabove 😁), but Glastopedia has run with it and added loads of locations.

https://www.glastopedia.com/festivals/2023/satellite

Thank you!

My productivity is going to be 0 tomorrow now...

2 hours ago, Gaz_88 said:

I genuinely cannot believe how much space there is in wicket family camping there. Someone on here, perhaps @Wooderson was saying there was loads of room there with kids playing football. Strongly considering going there over standard family camping. Further from kids field but LOADS of room. Anyone else camped there?

28 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I genuinely cannot believe how much space there is in wicket family camping there. Someone on here, perhaps @Wooderson was saying there was loads of room there with kids playing football. Strongly considering going there over standard family camping. Further from kids field but LOADS of room. Anyone else camped there?

Yes,  camped there in 2022 and thought it was great. Whilst I wouldn't say there was enough room for a game of football there was definitely grass all around the tents

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

Cockmill meadow above the kidzfield had room last year if you headed to the top of the field in the far corners. People went in the middle out to the path and hid the fact there was a fair amount of room in the corners - it shows it in some arial shots, I found it quite surprising 

On 4/25/2024 at 7:23 PM, stuie said:

Just a question and obviously we all like different things but why do people like silent discos? I’ve done them before at festivals with more noise restrictions and less amplified music late at night but would you choose silent disco over actual sound systems? 

I’ve never been in at Glastonbury but they always seems pretty popular. They were a good alternative to the late night diet of Techno and D’N’B

53 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Cockmill meadow above the kidzfield had room last year if you headed to the top of the field in the far corners. People went in the middle out to the path and hid the fact there was a fair amount of room in the corners - it shows it in some arial shots, I found it quite surprising 

I suspected this had happened in 2022 as when you came down the path from gate B you could see space at the top of the field. Didn't have the stamina to get all the way back up the hill in Cockmill meadow when I got in there though.

15 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

Wicket was our family camp of choice ever since our hand was forced in 2010 (Cockmill was full by the time we got in, had to haul our full load all the way across site in the baking heat). Never looked back though, always room to let the kids play in the mornings. And enough space between tents to get trolley/buggy through. Kids are too old now, this'll be our first year out in general camping 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vinylvictim said:

Wicket was our family camp of choice ever since our hand was forced in 2010 (Cockmill was full by the time we got in, had to haul our full load all the way across site in the baking heat). Never looked back though, always room to let the kids play in the mornings. And enough space between tents to get trolley/buggy through. Kids are too old now, this'll be our first year out in general camping 

That must have been horrific in the heat in 2010. I was planning on queueing overnight as I did in 2022 to make absolutely sure there was no risk around space in Cockmill Meadow (first time with kids and massive tent back then and had been 3 years in the planning). However if I thought I could stay nearby Tuesday night with the family, rock up on Wednesday morning and saunter into Wicket with no issues then I might well do that.

2 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

That must have been horrific in the heat in 2010. I was planning on queueing overnight as I did in 2022 to make absolutely sure there was no risk around space in Cockmill Meadow (first time with kids and massive tent back then and had been 3 years in the planning). However if I thought I could stay nearby Tuesday night with the family, rock up on Wednesday morning and saunter into Wicket with no issues then I might well do that.

It was brutal, we'd had to queue for hours and hours to get in Gate B. There were tears when we realised we still had miles to walk... We missed out last year so not sure what it was like then but for the few festivals before we aimed to be at gate A for 12 or 1 ish and pretty much walked straight in, virtually no queue at the gate and plenty space. Definitely recommend it

1 hour ago, vinylvictim said:

It was brutal, we'd had to queue for hours and hours to get in Gate B. There were tears when we realised we still had miles to walk... We missed out last year so not sure what it was like then but for the few festivals before we aimed to be at gate A for 12 or 1 ish and pretty much walked straight in, virtually no queue at the gate and plenty space. Definitely recommend it

How were you travelling to gate A? We are driving and I have past trauma of traffic jams and and getting shepherded into the wrong car parks and then mental queues and massive treks back to the car. Was bad enough without 3 kids.

13 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

How were you travelling to gate A? We are driving and I have past trauma of traffic jams and and getting shepherded into the wrong car parks and then mental queues and massive treks back to the car. Was bad enough without 3 kids.

If you want to be on the west side make sure you come up on the A361, don't go on the A37.

Also on the east side the parking stewards will direct families to a car park (I assume nearer to Ped Gate B, never done it) better for Cockmill, but don't have the same on the west side for Wicket.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

We come down from the north, M5 and cut in towards Wells then follow whatever the signs say. We've ended up in various pink and orange car parks over the years. Usually there's a fair trek but with a good trolley, kids big enough to carry something and perseverance we've ended up with a good packing system that means we can do it in a single trip. Tbh the worst walks from camp to car for us were always those on the east side. The trek through the campervan fields seemed to go on forever. 

3 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

If you want to be on the west side make sure you come up on the A361, don't go on the A37.

Also on the east side the parking stewards will direct families to a car park (I assume nearer to Ped Gate B, never done it) better for Cockmill, but don't have the same on the west side for Wicket.

Never had luck with the stewards parking us closer to Cockmill but it has been a long time since we tried. 

3 hours ago, vinylvictim said:

Never had luck with the stewards parking us closer to Cockmill but it has been a long time since we tried. 

I just checked myself for accuracy.  The Glasto info says families wanting to camp in Cockmill should use the purple route into the car parks.  Looking at the route map it doesn't seem to get you much closer to Gate B than the blue route - maybe the stewards would direct families, I don't know.

On 4/15/2024 at 4:47 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

A few more images 

PXL_20240324_105846012.jpg

PXL_20240324_105851091.jpg

PXL_20240324_105856316.jpg

Getting back on topic.. it appears from a few drone shots on Facebook that these containers have been moved into car henge, no signs of the planes yet. 

From its current placement it looks as if the "airport" is where the previous small stage was.. could this be the new stage for the area?

FB_IMG_1716044120957.jpg.70e7a47cbde49d983d29a09106ccc361.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pandahands said:

Getting back on topic.. it appears from a few drone shots on Facebook that these containers have been moved into car henge, no signs of the planes yet. 

From its current placement it looks as if the "airport" is where the previous small stage was.. could this be the new stage for the area?

Seems like a lot of effort for the new stage, let's hope they have a proper line up this year.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pandahands said:

good find ... where on FB ? would imagine they get stacked as the steps seem to be for several levels 

EDIT found them on Glasto chat 

and while there mutterings about a dragonfly for Arcadia ( not sure on accuracy as I dont know their posters ) 

Edited by Crazyfool01

On 12/4/2023 at 9:10 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

So is the Rabbit hole going ? Source fb . I’m pretty sure the sea king replaces the spider 

IMG_7487.png

The Park Stage webpage on the Glasto website gives details that Rabbit hole is closing and that 2 new venues are opening instead: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-park/

"First up, The Wishing Well. A place in which to ignite your deepest desires and unfurl your wildest wishes. Re-awaken all that inspires you, because at The Wishing Well – where dreams are made – hope springs eternal!

Further round the field, is the Park’s second new fun house: Scissors! An utterly delicious femme-queer venue where anything can (and does!) happen. Head to Scissors for a cut, or just come along to enjoy some of the daily talks, then slip out the back to discover a queer wonderland. Relax in the beer garden and play pool, or catch a movie in Flick Shack. With nightfall comes a twilight roster filling Kiki’s nightclub, where kaleidoscopic walls will keep you dancing til dawn.

These two new venues replace the legendary Rabbit Hole, which we bid a fond farewell to after 17 years."

44 minutes ago, Glasto-Refugee said:

The Park Stage webpage on the Glasto website gives details that Rabbit hole is closing and that 2 new venues are opening instead: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-park/

"First up, The Wishing Well. A place in which to ignite your deepest desires and unfurl your wildest wishes. Re-awaken all that inspires you, because at The Wishing Well – where dreams are made – hope springs eternal!

Further round the field, is the Park’s second new fun house: Scissors! An utterly delicious femme-queer venue where anything can (and does!) happen. Head to Scissors for a cut, or just come along to enjoy some of the daily talks, then slip out the back to discover a queer wonderland. Relax in the beer garden and play pool, or catch a movie in Flick Shack. With nightfall comes a twilight roster filling Kiki’s nightclub, where kaleidoscopic walls will keep you dancing til dawn.

These two new venues replace the legendary Rabbit Hole, which we bid a fond farewell to after 17 years."

Yep that info has emerged since my post